Feedback regarding Forumosa's Moderators 2005

boogerhead!

Shouldn’t it be “goes” rather than “gets?” He’s a flexible bugger, all right.

I agree. It’s a worthy set of posts on a mightily important topic, and one that deserves a reprieve from deletion if ever there were so deserving a case.

Oh, yes, well… of course, when I wrote “agree” up there, I wasn’t necessarily implying that I don’t take issue with what you wrote, but just that on this occasion, though likely not on any other, I found myself, in all reluctance, unable to condemn your statement as anything other than intrinsically reflective of an irrefutable truth, so shame on you, as I can’t help but say, and I’m sorry that I have to be so harsh, but you only have yourself to blame for posting such a thing, and, nonetheless, you may put that in your pipe and smoke it, long and hard, for God’s sake man!

[quote=“The Gumper”]

Hello. My name is Gumper and I’ve been Floundered. It’s been 3 months since my last Flounder [/quote]

Its either confession or an AA meeting warming up.

Hello. My name is Ironman. It has been 4 months since my last Flounder.

[quote=“The Gumper”]

When I have been Floundered, I’ve copied my original post from the sacred Forum of Flounders, amended it to remove the fishy smell, and reposted it right back up there on the surface. [/quote]

I can’t think why I did not do that! Such a simple solution. Although I am guessing if a flounder came up a second or third time it would stink bad enough to annoy a few people.

Yeah, the simplest of solutions…

I have sent out warnings to others about their potential to be floundered by me, but it is very hard to judge post after post of whether or not it needs to be floundered. Some are very obvious, some are a little off-topic, but keep the conversation going. Sometimes I miss what others perceive as a flounder.

OK, so exactly why was the entire “Ex-Forumosan in the News” thread deleted? Are we ever going to get any answers on who that guy was? What exactly was the big deal about his TV appearance?

It was not deleted, just pruned a bit. It was there a few minutes ago.

updated: [url]Forumosan in the news (Yes, it's Toe Save)

You see - 3 pages in the open forum, all about toe save.

Respectfully submitted, I just want this to go on the record: I made a post in an International Politics thread in the past 24 hours, to the effect that Jaboney’s touchy feely musings about Hitler’s dog and Stalin’s adoring family members could be, um, taken the wrong way by folks who remember that these were two of history’s greatest butchers.

I have no idea whether this was out of line or not–I thought it was a valid point, but perhaps moderating standards are stricter than what I’m used to on other boards. What concerns me greatly is that afterward, my post was removed entirely from the board–not moved to another forum, just made to disappear down the memory hole. Without a word of explanation, not a warning, nothing.

And now I see that MaPoSquid has been banned. I don’t that much about the guy, but it appears he did also look askance at Jaboney’s moderating practices. Maybe it was for another reason, I don’t know. But I wanted to get the present post in here quickly before I’m “disappeared” down the memory hole too.

Here’s the thread in question:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … highlight=

You have been PC’d. :noway:

SQUIDLY’s GONE?..AGAIN…WTF?… :raspberry: :noway: :loco:

added:…never mind…false alarm…

Sam, Why dont you send a PM to MPS and ask him to remove his avatar which displays a “banned” smiley guy. Several people have been similarly confused.

As for your thread, Sam, I dunno. But because someone said Hitler likes dogs does not make him a quasi-supporter of Hitler does it?

BTW, Jaboney has no power to delete posts in the Temporary Forum…only Admin can do that.

Looks like we’ve found the new Rascal, ie the new “He’s a lefty so he must’ve been responsible for this IP moderation decision I disagree with!”

Did you stop to think that perhaps someone squealed on it and one of the other mods, hell, maybe even Admin, decided to take action? No, of course not, it’s easier to blame Jaboney with no evidence whatsoever.

[quote=“Tetsuo”]Looks like we’ve found the new Rascal, ie the new “He’s a lefty so he must’ve been responsible for this IP moderation decision I disagree with!”

Did you stop to think that perhaps someone squealed on it and one of the other mods, hell, maybe even Admin, decided to take action? No, of course not, it’s easier to blame Jaboney with no evidence whatsoever.[/quote]

Before my post’s removal, Jaboney did reply with (I thought) a rather histrionical post that my questions made him want to become uncivil, and furthermore he was going to put me on his (gasp!) IGNORE LIST! (huff huff huff) (Curiously, this post disappeared as well.)

Anyway :idunno: If it was an IP moderation decision, I’d like to know about it. If nothing else, won’t an explanation cut down on work for mods, by letting us know what they feel they need to take action on?

Likewise, jdsmith, my point may have been debatable, but what warranted its removal? If I didn’t violate any rules, I’d be happy to debate the point with you–but it’s hard to debate when one’s posts are being removed arbitrarily. (Also–the thread wasn’t in the Temporary forum, but in International Politics
you know, the one that Jaboney moderates?
)

I’m glad to know that I jumped to conclusions about MaPoSquid. The avatar did confuse me there, I guess. Sorry if I made anyone spew their tea. :wink:

[quote=“Tetsuo”]Looks like we’ve found the new Rascal, ie the new “He’s a lefty so he must’ve been responsible for this IP moderation decision I disagree with!”

Did you stop to think that perhaps someone squealed on it and one of the other mods, hell, maybe even Admin, decided to take action? No, of course not, it’s easier to blame Jaboney with no evidence whatsoever.[/quote]No evidence ? :noway: You just suggested that Jaboney is a leftie, Maposquid disagreed with him, Maposquid is using the same ‘banned’ avatar he’s been using for ages (even though his title says nothing about being suspended). Obviously Maposquid has been banned for disagreeing with Jaboney (a proven leftie), what other explaination can there be ?

heh heh heh…I been waiting for someone to take the bait and post on this nut bag…hold onto your panties… :bravo:

No one’s been banned since the amnesty. MaPoSquid is just being funny.

this post was a ‘work in progress’

I was attempting to post quite a number of supporting articles for my statement.

Thanks to the lovely purveyors of tolerance and diversity all were lost when I attempted to post the final edit.

Great way to stifle dissenting views.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]this post was a ‘work in progress’

I was attempting to post quite a number of supporting articles for my statement.

Thanks to the lovely purveyors of tolerance and diversity all were lost when I attempted to post the final edit.

Great way to stifle dissenting views.[/quote]

TC, then my suggestion is post when you’re ready to post.

and please:

Is this a dissenting view?

This is why I wrote, “care to try again.”

jds

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]this post was a ‘work in progress’

Great way to stifle dissenting views.[/quote]

TC, then my suggestion is post when you’re ready to post.

and please:

Is this a dissenting view?

This is why I wrote, “care to try again.”

jds[/quote]
jdsmith was absolutely correct. Post when you’re ready to post. There is no “save draft” feature here.