[Feedback Request] - My First Day In Taipei, Taiwan!

…and experiencing differences of opinion on what is and isn’t funny… :tumble:

It doesn’t look Sarky to me. :idunno:

1 Like

I always liked the opening scene from The Beach as a great spin on the well trodden “white guy goes to Asia” experience. Compare this to your video and take notes. :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOO8z34vsN8&t=36s

I remember that.
Immigration down there didn’t get computers 'til like 2000 or something, so all the Overstay guys used to come and go through there

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

disagree with this. but it depends on the tenure. if someone is a total noob i gotta say i’m not very interested. if someone has been here a while or the same time as me we can relate.

How could you know? Is there some kind of tell with long termers?

well i can;t tell until after talking. and then after talking to noobs i realize its not very interesting.

There, fixed. Every now and then I start chatting with a foreigner on the street, and it’s usually well received. Foreignness helps create a bond. Some people still will make it clear they don’t wanna talk, just gotta respect that and keep walking.

1 Like

Not for me. I’ve been burned too many times and I can’t recall one positive interaction. I’ll continue to be polite, but that’s it.

1 Like

Whats going on with the water bottles ? That was a bit weird.

Ch’est un graund pllaisi de rancauntraer eune âote Sarky-phône!

I love boring newbies with my stories of life under Chiang Ching-kuo.

“And then this one time in Buffalo Town…”

Does this not support my point?

I hope we didn’t scare you away. I believe that posting more videos ALONG WITH your written comments can be a useful addition to our community. You are more than welcome, anyone member will say so! Just know what you’re getting into. Reading more of our posts will be very educational

1 Like

Sadly, this is true the majority of the time. It MY island and I am the only important foreigner here. Hey! We’re mostly all thinking this. That being said, there are some great encounters with other people who originate from other nations (for those of us who hate the term “foreigner” or “alien”). My best friend in TW is an American (ay up! me septic mate is the bollocks, innit?). Otherwise, I don’t have foreign friends (mostly because I don’t go to social functions or frequent places where foreigners hang out). The foreign people I get along best with tend to be South East Asian. Not sure why.

Love it!! Fresh off the boat, literally. But, acclimatized to Chinese culture, I assume.

You should go argue with the crazy CCP people under the 101

Don’t worry! I think level headed people like yourself are why I’ll stick around on this forum. Plus, I hear good things about the job recruitment aspect of Forumosa. That’s something I’ll have to look into as well.

1 Like

Yes, we’re always hiring.

1 Like