Fentanyl, tranq, etc.- What is going on?

I’m just finding out about these new drugs. Looking at the news clips, I’ve seen nothing like it. People just slumping over and standing like that, medicine being passed out for people overdosing on fentanyl, flesh eating instances as a side effect of tranq, news of many dying of OD, etc. Very sad.

1 Like

I guess it was discussed by Biden and Xi.

Biden…successfully pushed China to pledge to do more to rein in its exports of the chemical precursors that cartels in Mexico use to manufacture fentanyl.

Where you been? Homo sapiens love opiods. They trigger all kinds of receptors.

Oh. This is actually really just another thread about US politics. Fuck sake.

1 Like

I don’t watch the news anymore. I buy the newspaper still some days (see below), but I kind of skim it now. Other than that, I really don’t know why news of these super drugs hasn’t been picked up by me.

That wasn’t my intention when I started this thread. I still had Monday’s newspaper unread in my backpack. By chance, fentanyl was mentioned in one of the editorials I read not long after writing the first post.

More than anything, check out a video of the situation in the US or Canada. It’s scary. And sad.

2 Likes

Same. :+1:

I was being facetious. It is an anxiety marker. :grimacing: Apologies sent and meant.

From the outside it looks horrific. From the inside… hopefully I will never know. Edgar Rice Burroughs did a top notch job of showing the effects of opiods on the brain.

Aside from the sheer unproductive nature of opiod addiction, it also rots you from the inside out. I was chatting to a pharmacist about it a few days back (I was buying hydrocortisone cream and the whole issue of over the counter meds came up.

These days if a celeb dies suddenly my mind goes towards opiod addiction. I’ll bet money Matthew Perry abused fentanyl. It took Coolio away too. Man, I loved Coolio.

1 Like

A lot of it is unintended consequences. The US government reigned in pharmaceutical opiates which were being doled out like candy by doctors, so plentiful that it created a lot of addicts. Then the addicts turned to street dealers when the supply dried up overnight.

1 Like

…who were being paid by big pharma to do so…

Homo sapiens are greedy creatures who will step on each other and anything else to gain comfort. They will also lie and blame anything other than their own selfish greed to justify their behaviour.

I wrote the above knowing I’m a fully fledged member of the homo sapien tribe.

2 Likes

I’ll never forget that video on reddit of the two addicts getting a hit in Baltimore(?) US, the father had a baby in the carrier on his chest as he keeled over from the high. Wrecked me.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised. Drug addiction is horrific. My thoughts are often conflicted between incredible empathy and flat out disgust.

1 Like

The parents were identified, and the kid taken away and put in care evidently. If you believe all the crap you read on the internet that is.

I’ve seen videos on youtube of people walking down Kensington Avenue in Philly, it does look like a zombie apocalypse. In two minds about the youtubers recording it, to be honest, no doubt those videos are monetised and they aren’t helping the sufferers, but seems like once you’re hooked on fentanyl, there’s basically no coming off it.

2 Likes

A truly post-apocalyptic scene.

5 Likes

This video is a bit less “Hey guys, comin’ at cha with anoth-uh VIDEO, don’t forget about our LAMBO GIVEAWAY” youtuber style than the one you posted, but tells the same story

3 Likes

Yeah, a simple walk-through does the trick too.

2 Likes

I greatly fear it’s not far off the shores of Blighty either. Glastonbury Festival is quite the drug-fuelled place, so much so they detected drugs polluted into the nearby river, and it gets insanely positive media coverage.

What would Josh Shapiro do?

He says, “. . . and hopefully not get shot in the process,” and the next thing I hear is bang!

. . .

I just finished the first one. Whoa!

1 Like

Philly is a tough town, but that neighbourhood . . . whoah.

Guy

2 Likes

Yeah, worlds apart from the places they’re named after. Kensington in the UK is a “money no object” kind of place, and Somerset is all farms

And how to do you know if I may ask? From an old Northern line blueblood family? :laughing: