FIFA World Cup 2018

That he prefers women who are more than 2 years younger than him.

Skeevy motherfucker

1 Like

I plead the fifth. Also she’s a conservative Catholic so I don’t really think this threesome is going to happen.

Top waifu material there.

images%20(6)

will have to plan a holiday to krakovia or whatever that country is…

You got me. I’m a freedom spreader.

And all I have to say about soccer is… boy is it boring.

Soccer is a very boring sport, until it’s not.

Baseball is boring, American Football is boring … Cricket is boring. Soccer if played well is strategic, building up attacks, in theory they only need about a few minutes to score if it’s a well build-up attack. Baseball and American Football are ‘constructed’ for hot-dog and beer sales, tailgate parties, that’s the commerce behind it.

The only American sports that are interesting are basketball and ice hockey.

Basketball, hockey, rugby and a few other sports have non-stop interesting action. Soccer, baseball, american football have really long breaks and dead moments. If someone’s not interested in a particular soccer match it’s easy to see why he’d consider it a boring sport, but even if France-Croatia ended 0-0 after the first 90 minutes not a single supporter of those two teams would it consider it a boring match, too much on stake.

It’s also worth mentioning that some sports that look extremely dull to watch can be very fun to play.

1 Like

France-Belgium was not the best game and seemed boring, but only because the French played on their defense, blocking the best Belgian forwards during the entire game. Having a lucky strike and scoring.

Underwater hockey anyone?

“pfff…what a load of…how could he come up with that nonsen…”

*selects “Underwater hockey”
*search on Google

Enough internet for today.

Basketball is truly boring; you score, we score, you score, we score (just throw it to the 7ft freak). Meaningless and tedious beyond belief.

Sports is boring to watch!

The beer and dogs make it enjoyable!

To watch it you have to put on a snorkel and get under water…

Yeah, like American football. If you never played the game in full pads, then you have no idea how much fun it can be. Holy moly fun.

I like to watch it, too, but even I have to admit in the US I’ve switched channels to avoid a commercial … and never made my way back to finish the game. And never caught on until it was too late, either.

YOU’RE RACIST!!!

oh, wrong thread. hahaha

I think what often (if not always) makes sport interesting is not the sport itself, but the stories around it. The players, the history, the rivalries, the connection to your hometown or home country etc. Once you know a bit about who is playing and you make a connection between the sport and yourself, any sport can become interesting.

For me the most boring sport is probably bowling, because there is almost no variety, there is no direct interaction between the players, and it’s basically how many strikes one can throw and the occasional double split or whatever it’s called.

I would rank soccer as one of the spectator-friendliest sports, because you can clearly see the ball and the players’ faces, it’s easy to understand, there is a lot of variety (maybe not enough goals), players play directly against each other, I can support a team from my hometown and home country, it’s available on TV, there’s a lot of history and tradition and rivalries etc.

I have a hard time finding cricket interesting, cause it’s not played where I come from or where I live, the part of the pitch they are bowling is too small for my taste, the score seems strange, the games can go on forever (even days…?), less interaction between players, etc.

Baseball is slightly more entertaining, because of the larger diamond, but too much waiting, to static a game it is. American love their stats and I find it interesting too. But not too much and too often. Thank you.

I have watched a lot of basketball over the years and play it myself (always a reason to like a sport), and think it’s a good spectator sport for many of the reasons above.

American Football is a great show, but I find it difficult to recognize players, especially the big fellows in the center of the action. I like to watch great QBs going to work (no not T. Brady; am more of a fan of Aaron Rodgers, and Russel Wilson).

Rugby has similarities with American Football, but I find it tiring to watch them run into each other all the time, such a grind. A bit too much contact for my taste. Soccer has more fluidity to it. I watch the All Blacks if they are on. Always fun to watch dominating teams.

Ice hockey is fast-paced and can be exciting to watch, but compared to soccer it’s more difficult to see the ball/puck, recognize the players (especially with the lines changing every few minutes) and a lot of goals scored have an element of luck (deflections etc.)

I only found golf interesting when Tiger Woods was at his peak, and Yani Tseng was the No. 1 (whatever happened to her?).

Tennis, only watch final games (if at all).

Formula 1, MotoGP. I used to watch F1 when there were drivers I liked, now the race highlights suffice. Always most entertaining when it rains. They should make every circuit wet during a race. Love to watch V. Rossi, but he’s retiring soon. Great overtaking in MotoGP but then, races are sometimes decided very early.

Women’s beach volleyball. I never know the score…

1 Like

Sighh… Ms Taitung and I watched a lot of her tournaments back around 2011/2012 at the height of her peak, before her big implosion.
Interestingly, we jokingly (though sometimes think seriously) that her career plummeted once she started “hanging” around with the clan of 黑人.

Completely understand.

I actually like bowling on tv. Also darts, pool and snooker, Olympic curling. Tennis, too - as long as there isn’t any excessive grunting/squealing/sceeching with each shot (looking at you M Sharapova) (not that way). I find it soothing.

Go France!