FIFA World Cup 2018

Kekekekeke

Pretty glorious!

2 Likes

Goodness . I bet it would have been 500-1 betting Odds for Germany to finish bottom of that Group . Just never seemed to play like the German Team usually do. They will bounce back.

1 Like

I’m not watching this but this outcome is brilliant. :rofl:

The best part is that Korea got eliminated as well. :rofl:

I bet the England Manager is glad England will not have to face Germany in a Penalty shootout again. Oh wait, he is not taking them anymore.:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Where was the imagination, the creativity, in Germany’s side tonight? That’s something they’ve made a real effort to bring in - and had in spades in 2014 against Brazil - but it was mostly absent in this match against South Korea. What a match this was.

This group just goes to show you how evil FIFA can be in setting up groups and the order of group matches. Incredible group result.

I think many will blame Low, but the German players just did not seem as committed or organised as usual. Normally the story of England in major Competitions. We seem to be experts at snatching defeat from the Jaws of victory .

Talking about betting, the Taiiwanese boss at the izakaya we were watching the game was betting for the team we atoga were cheering for…And lost. We saw him part with a few blue bills at the end of the match. Then he came to our table and gangbei with us. Quite nice of him.

Lovely. Watch the video of the Korean fan found by the Mexicans.

FB_IMG_1530132161696

Total choke job by Germany in the end. Once they realized that Sweden had scored they were scared. I think it was subconscious arrogance more than anything that doomed them. The believe that they could win against their pedestrian opponents by just showing up and playing pretty ball. They obviously lack a leader on the field who pushes the ball and pushes his teammates. The lack of pace and passion was mind-boggling. And the squandering of good chances. No one would doubt their greatness if they had converted one or two of the few good chances they created in the first and third games.

I now expect the winner of this World Cup to be one of those three: Belgium, France, Brazil.

Mexican fans went to the South Korean embassy in Mexico City and celebrated with the ambassador.

More on the joy:

Who’s going to win today? England or Belgium? Neither really wants to or needs to win, it’s complicated. If a draw it’s even scarier, then they need to draw the opponent. Which leaves everything open for the knockout round. They told me that Belgium is a top favorite in Taiwan and many people bet big (money) on Belgium winning.

I want to hear some Brexit cheers from England fans.
C’mon, yah know you got it in yah!

Anyways, Belgium is putting up 10 new players. Completely other team than last game.

Should be less pressure for the players as both Teams are through . England do have an awful habit of falling to pieces in major competitions . Pleasantly surprised with their performance so far . We have just got used to expecting the worst :disappointed_relieved:The Betting world have made Belgium the favourites, I think .

If England was smart they would do the same, both teams have already qualified, rest the A team and both play B team. England are not known for being smart though, wear their players out and have them loaded with cards going into quarter or semi finals where they need them most.

If they draw England is top due to fewer cards (as it stands). I think that’s the rule, no?

If they draw and England gets one yellow, then they draw straws.

Right, it’s actually balls, not straws.

I won’t watch the game, too late 2:00AM Friday morning.

The cards and some injuries, exhaustion are the reasons Belgium put up 10 new players.

Ha! We all know you just want to avoid Brazil in the QF. Not us English (OK, I have an expired passport). We’re not scared of Brazil, we’re not scared of anyone. Football’s coming home.

The coach is fair, every player gets the chance to show his skills.

I heard they’re putting the laundryman in goal. :sweat_smile: