Filing Taxes in 2022

Just edited my above post

So, the system is still dumb as :eggplant:, and we definitely can’t reset our passwords if the NHI card has a different number than our ARCs, but for me at least, I can login and do it!

1 Like

AND, if I submit online I can only submit with my old ARC number… but this is progress

1 Like

They’ll even send me the tax statement by post!

2 Likes

Ok never mind. I filled everything out perfectly, and when I submitted, I got:

English sounds like it may be something to do with me submitting with my old ARC number, but the Chinese sounds like it’s a problem uploading my data so might be problems with their system, it did only open 18 minutes ago…

Oh well, guess my Monday trip to the tax office is still on! Can’t say I didn’t try…

And during this process I managed to download an official looking document that shows all my earnings in 2021, which is actually the whole reason I wanted to submit my tax return ASAP.

So I’m mostly happy. Hope this thread helps someone

3 Likes

Was that on 4/30 or 5/1?

1 Like

Yeah, so I just tried logging in and was able to download the data using either my NHI card or my Alien Digital Citizen Certificate. Both sets of data seemed to be identical.

1 Like

Yes, that’s important. Seemed to only work after midnight.

And my first attempt to download didn’t work, causing the software to hang - there must be a lot of us in Taiwan with exciting Saturday nights.

3 Likes

5/1, and I just tried again and still not working.

Will try again in the morning.

It lets me retrieve all the data, even download it, but doesn’t actually let me submit the return.

1 Like

To me this is an exciting Saturday night.

@Myn will tell you I’ve been talking about submitting my tax return all month. I stayed up late for this

1 Like

Can confirm he hasn’t shut up about this all month

4 Likes

So @Myn do tell us about your online tax filing experience

Do I detect…unfolding drama? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I am now at the tax office in Xinzhuang doing it in person. Foreigners don’t need to wait with the other Taiwanese which is great because there are about twenty million Taiwanese lined up here

They are also puzzled on how to do it because they can’t use my NHI card….

Phone calls on phone calls on phone calls.

Also, they must have opened early because it’s only 8:20

5 Likes

Lots of those “huhhhh” noises that they like to make

Ooh she seems to have figured it out.

1 Like

Wow, you are eager…

1 Like

I have successfully submitted my tax return. Was extremely painless. They also helped me submit my return for 2019 since I was in mainland China in May 2020. Good job I did because I’m entitled to over 20,000 back for 2019.

My advice to anyone doing this. Go to the tax office, it’s a pretty good experience

9 Likes

The rest of this thread sort of suggests otherwise, but I assume you’re talking about just this morning!

Seconded. If I time it badly, sometimes I have a bit of a wait at the tax office. But the experience with the people working there is always great. (Caveat: Danshui office. I get the impression other offices may be more of a hassle.)

6 Likes

My wife done it all for me last year, so I was already set up

I couldn’t log in because I was putting my NHI card in the reader upside down. My wife worked this out after I tried two laptops (PC, Mac) and two different card readers (one brand new and one from before I was born)

So I can log in fine using the web version using my new NHI card (new ID)

6 Likes

There is little in this thread that persuades me to take the plunge and try the online filing option. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes