First date etiquette in Taiwan on splitting bill

I think generally if a girl in Taiwan insists on going Dutch she’s not into you

If she brings her mom she wants to marry you

2 Likes

Maybe her moms just lonely…one of those families where dad went to seven one night for a pack of fags and never came back…

1 Like

Can’t believe no one went for the pack of fags…comedy gold just sitting there for the taking.

:smoker:

2 Likes

I try not to go for the low-hanging fruits…

Ahhhhhh…noice

Girls actually have a problem with guys offering to pay in taiwan? If it happened then the girl is trying to be polite, when you get to know her it won’t happen…

You definitely made a mistake booking a fancy restaurant though. You should be casual at first, how do you even know if you will like her in real life. Plus now she will think you are mr fancy pants and will think this is the norm. Also you chose brunch. Those places are almost always crap. Corn flakes and raisins and stuff in the salad. Burger buns with oats on them. ect ect.

2 Likes

Wow. I’ve heard of girls bringing a friend along to scout a guy, but their actual mother?
Not only that but she pulled the old switcheroo on you at the last minute, she knew it was a fucked up thing to do.

1 Like

Yeah, right, you don’t grab them by the udder, do you? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Barring exploding cars, the old ways were the best.

1 Like

@jimbob132 Please tell me the location and date/time. I will pretend to run into you and say flattering things. Also seems to work in movies :joy:

3 Likes

I already booked, if I cancel now I will seem flakey

Should I wear a white T-shirt, casual sweater with hoodie, dress shirt, or a Ralph Lauren polo shirt?

Thanks man, I’ll save a spot at the wedding!

1 Like

:+1:

5 Likes

I don’t mind paying, but some people take advantage of that. I had a girl go on 5 dates with me before she decided she didn’t like me in Taiwan. I’m not sure why it took 5 dates, i’m pretty clear by date 1 if not 2. And I did pay for every meal.

2 Likes

Answer:

She had no reason to make a quick decision.

For guys, it’s simple: escalate or masturbate. If you’re going out with a woman and you like her, you have to let her know and gauge her interest too. This doesn’t mean you have to try to stick your tongue down her throat on the first date or bed her by the second, but if you’re not sending clear signals that you’re interested and getting positive responses back, you can easily end up playing Anthony Bourdain for a short while.

Bring all of them and change every time you go to the shitter. If she actually notices, there’s a chance.

6 Likes

Make her pay for the privilege of going being in your presence
If she refuses she isn’t worth your time

On looking back what I think happened was she was interested and brought her mother to gve the OK, and the mother didn’t think I was suitable from the get go so it was just a face saving formality at that point.