First time in Taiwan

nothing like a good conversion, i always say

It’s Taiwanese nature, if empty don’t go inside. So it stays empty, if no one goes in.

2 Likes

2 Likes

B&Q
Costco
Some 3C stores

Do you want to buy the whole machine or just the filter inserts?

For me coffee shops are good to meet people, but way different people and hours.

And many (most?) bars just aren’t set up for someone by themselves - many don’t have a big bar to hang out at, where there’s likely a bunch of other onesies and twinsies, it’s all tables or couches or other seating set up for groups.

Sounds very logical. :thinking:

1 Like

I dont think empty establishments is a tw thing its a thing everywhere

Filter insets

since i’m in my late 20s and assuming people here are older than that.
my view of bars is like you go chit chat with strangers since you don’t really know each other well besides a name - exchange war stories i.e shit about general life, talk about women, sports etc - talk about nothing
it’s entertainment like hear some fukkery n share some fukkery you been involved in.

would like to hear everyone’s take to what you view bars as ?

Good luck with that. I’ve never met a Taiwanese person who is interested in early Chinese literature, aside from maybe Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

1 Like

when in rome, do what the romans do. In general yeah, for me too - coffee shops have been a good way to meet people. I will have to adjust to coffee shop hours couple of times a week. since I’m mostly up at night and sleep during the day.

1 Like

Today had a nice espresso and chat with the staff and after her duty hours a nice ride on the scooter. (cooler here in Kaohsuing this afternoon at the coast)

if you mean bars ? but yeah up until being here in Taipei I never seen a nice empty bar on a Friday night. eh I wouldn’t know but based on the cities I’ve been in. i.e the States, n Africa. never really saw an empty bar. empty places were like maybe the day you and your homeboi are being degenerates and go to the strip club the first 30 mins when it opens. or you’re in NJ and run into those mafia type fronts

luck you, I was feeling for an rich espresso couldn’t find one today at Maji sq - it was late. so had to settle for ''americano" .
btw if you know places that serve cuban style coffee let me know - would appreciate it.

Yes i often see bars empty when they should be full, then pass many restaurants with large tables and baby plastic chairs packed full will alcohol flowing.
It was really strange to understand coming from a place where bars make bank

1 Like

I’m assuming you ended up giving up on bars here altogether ?

I found a gf and have stayed away recently… did find places i like in taipei, but i found dance clubs are better to enjoy while single

I am in South, but for Taipei (call make sure they are open) Café Coabana