⚽ Football | FIFA World Cup Qualifying - Taiwan Advances (without Emilio Estevez)

Going to the next round

1 Like

4 Likes

When was this photo from? looks bit ago

Different Emilio Estevez (Charlie Sheen’s brother)… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

ha, learn something new every day !

Chinese Taipei is doing pretty well. They got a draw against Thailand too.
There seems to be many more kids playing soccer here these days

1 Like

My first thought as well.

World’s No. 154 against No. 192 (out of 207 national teams).

First leg

Second leg

Both games played in Kaohsiung

Next up Taiwan will be in this group

[73] Oman
[96] Kyrgyzstan
[134] Malaysia

They managed to beat Malaysia 2-0 back in 2018.

1 Like

(116) Young Guns 2 - I’ll make you famous - YouTube

I remember him more from Mighty Ducks

Yes, seems so. Good for the future as they grow up

1 Like

Taiwan stand a chance of qualifying for the Asian Cup here. They’ve got Gary White back in charge, the English coach that led them to a win over Bahrain back in 2017 and this is definitely one of the weaker groups. By the way, the title is a bit off. Emilio Estevez Tsai didn’t play in either of the qualifiers against East Timor.

1 Like

Is there any rationale at all for the national team’s games to always be held in Kaohsiung these days? A bunch of us used to go to every match when they were held at the Municipal Stadium in Taipei, but games are seemingly never held there anymore.

I think it’s quite right that they play in different parts of the island, but it doesn’t make sense to me that they are now always down south. It’s not like the stadium is packed out down there, while some of the games in Taipei (like when we played Vietnam a few years back) attracted decent crowds.

I really want to go to one or two of the qualifiers, especially as it was the purplest of patches the last time White was head coach, but it isn’t really likely if they are all in Kaohsiung. Come on FA, throw us poor, downtrodden 天聾人 a bone here.

Changed the title… :laughing:

1 Like

The turf in Kaohsiung is also a bit suspect. I think the second goal in the second game looked like a goalie mistake, but was probably helped by a bump on the ground.

I heard that the Taipei stadium is under renovation at the moment, but should be complete soon. Then games will come back to Taipei. Hopefully it will be in time for the next round of qualifying, Kaohsiung looked pretty dead.

Should have the game in Taipei.
Just FYI, the games sponsored by Taiwan HSR.

Why the red circle?

Why not the red circle?