Football/Soccer In Taipei

The Red Dragons Soccer Club (RDSC) is a children’s soccer club in Taipei City. We currently have one soccer practice for players in elementary school (gr. 1 - 6). RDSC aims to give young children the opportunity to get some exercise in a fun environment. All practices are conducted in English. We have now been going for almost a year have have played a number of games against other teams, including tournaments in Taipei and Taichung. The practice details are below:

First practice date: September 1st (this Saturday)
Place: 3rd Floor, Zhongzheng Sports Center (中正運動中心)
Address: Xinyi Road, Section 1, No. 1 (信義路一段一號)

The venue is indoor so players must wear sneakers (and sports wear too of course :wink:).
Please visit http://www.reddragons.sc for more details.

Mods: Please move this to “Events” if I have posted it in the wrong place.

Hi all,

I just arrived in taipei a few days ago and I’m looking to join a football team for training at least and games if needed. Do you guys know where I can find the information to look for clubs and trainings places?
Any info is more than welcomed.

Thanks!
Antoine

do people in taiwan like to play football for fun? or do you have to join a team?

i am not so good but i enjoy playing with my friends at home, when i move to taipei i would still like to keep playing

My Geordie hoosmate and I sometimes smash a football around the apartment pretending we’re playing the Mackems. Where are you? (Apart from in the relegation zone).

from dunston. currently living in stuttgart germany but i will be back in dunston in may, then finish my course and planning to move to taiwan with my girlfriend. well she is already there, and thats one of the main reasons but nevermind.

i just dont wanna miss the football too much. I can quite happily leave the family behind but a man and his football :wink:

There are lots of amateur teams here… red lions, animals, shane etc. in Taipei. Do a search on google for taipei soccer teams and the key words above, there is a list of them.

alright cool, would it matter that I am not really so good? I can play but not great

We are gathering 20 players for 10-a-side football (soccer) Sunday evenings 5:00 - 9:00pm. The pitch is beautiful, just resurfaced imitation grass, and the flood-lights are brilliant! The location is in Taipei city easily accessible (on the red MRT line).

We aren’t professionals but we still want to keep a good quality level of play. If you have played before and would like to join there are 9 spaces left (out of 20) but they will go fast so don’t hesitate to get in touch as soon as possible!
See you on the pitch!

Jay: jayswindow@yahoo.com / 0930207646

NOTE: to rent the facility will cost around NT 1,000 per person/ per 3 months.

Hey mate,

I am confussed. Soccer (football) and Football (soccer). You might as well play gali football (i can’t remember how to spell the word).

Any footy players here???

Hi all –

If anyone is up for a kickabout some time please get in touch. Right now there are three of us, hoping to get enough numbers for a weekly game…

nic

In Taipei btw

I’m interested. Let me know where you guys are playing and when.

Also, does anyone know of any football clubs or leagues that are either recreational or semi-serious? I’m not looking for anything too intense, just something more organized than a pick-up game. I have to ask, though after observing the Taiwanese interest (or lack thereof) in football I’m not holding out much hope.

-Matt

Definitely interested. I’ve just arrived and didn’t think to pack proper cleats, but I am down regardless. I also brought a regulation frisbee if anyone tosses…

Anyhow, let me know when and where

i am interested as well. let me know when and where, if you all have gotten anything together.

interested and have 2 more friends which interested

Sure, but Taipei is big. I am at Mingchuan Bridge, there’s a huge park there by the riverside.
Where are you playing?

We could have a forumosa scratch match along Heping Park.

Its soccer, Fox, not rules. You won’t be allowed to wear your bumhugging hotpants, you know.

I don’t need an occasion to slip into me stubbies or footy nicks. Yes, they’ve brought a little attention when I’ve reached down to get a couple of cans out of the bottom shelf of the fridge at 7 and flashed a little plumber’s crack. And, I wasn’t to know, I was going to set off the t-back craze and bring back hipsters.

OK brilliant that’s definitely enough for a decent-sized game now.

Time & Place:
I’m thinking Thursday 11am at Da’an park.

How does this grab everyone? PM me…
nic