For Camera Enthusiasts

Ouch… :grin:

Through Carousell, or?

The best time to buy stuff is often when new cameras/lenses are announced and people with large pockets decide to sell the gear they’ve been using for 6 months to “”“upgrade”"".
For kit lenses, cheaper gear, older models etc there’s always something available at good prices.
Sometimes I go to these two stores in taipei:

The first one has a huge selection of stuff available, the second one offers better service and extended warranty.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips. Although frankly I’m a bit hesitant to trust people on secondhand lenses…

Yeah, for random people on FB it’s always better to be a bit cautious. I often buy/sell stuff and only do transactions in person. The two stores in Taipei offer their own warranty, so they’re much safer.

Have you ever been burned?

Panasonic Lumix GH4 and 5. I use some Canon-mount lenses with them. Good for video.

Luckily not yet. All stuff I bought matched the description and worked fine. I always test gear before purchasing.
For lenses, check front/rear glass, test autofocus, use a flashlight to make sure there’s no mold inside and if everything is ok then there should be no problems. Lenses can last for a very long time, far longer than cameras.

1 Like

Do I qualify as a camera enthusiast?

I don’t see any Sony, so yes

No…you’re a hoarder. :sunglasses:

I used a Sony for many years, and managed to do a fair bit of decent photography with it.

Why did you stop?

He got rich and copped a freaking Leica.

Haha, not rich by any means…most of the people on this board make more than I do, I’d guess. The Sony was getting on after about six years of hard use, and the Q was a generous gift even if it was a fraction of the price of an M.

Damn, I wish I had a benefactor like that.

Give Leica Taiwan a call, maybe they will cut you a deal.

Too much pressure for me. I’d be constantly worried about dropping it or having it snatched.

Mine’s too worn by now to be worth being snatched, even if I were in a country where that is common enough to worry about. As for dropping your cameras…that seems like something most people avoid via straps and the like.

Knowing myself, I’d probably drop it in the process of putting the strap on.