For Gun Owners Only

Yea, a good AEG airsoft gun costs quite a bit. Full auto and all but just shoots plastic pellets that isn’t supposed to be harmful to even a fly. But people do overdrive them making the pellets go fast enough to shoot though those air cans that powers airsoft guns. It’s supposed to be illegal though. The police definition of a gun that kills is if the gun can shoot through a thin aluminum test panel, and the penalty for that is so severe that murdering someone in a bar fight is not much harsher…

The only gun I have now is a spray gun. Shoots paint. Probably not good for you to breathe the mist.

People modify those Remington 700s all the time, true up the action, bolt, lugs, put in match grade barrels, free float/piller/gass bed stock, even those CNC aluminum beds that supposedly makes the gun so accurate you could shoot a fly off of an apple at 300 yards or something. You even got those guys who will chamber it in 338 Lapua which requires the receiver to be bored to .750" and a new bolt of that width since the 338 has a really big base. Never bothered with it, rifle alone costs at least 5000 dollar with all the custom work and all that (but with a lathe and a chambering reamer, you can possibly make one out of a stock barrel in 338 Federal or something), round costs 5 dollars a pop, if you reload it (because the brass is quite expensive). Unless you got a large piece of land that allows you to shoot long distance, don’t bother. 338 is supposedly not accurate at all inside of 300 yards. No idea how that works (something about how the bullet needs distance to stabilize or something)

Yes, warmer…

Sometimes the Snoopy Girl and the Garbage Panda interactions makes one imagine they are relatives…

Or… They may be the same person? On the phone and on a laptop maybe :thinking: . Or spouses.

Heating up yet, @Hanna?

got a 1911, too.

1 Like

That’s an og one ain’t it? Old school, humble, dependable.

Served thru both WWs, Korean and Vietnam.

Had to do research years ago for a school thing.

yeah. tank commanders looked cool with their issued one

Yea in the movie Face Off Castor Troy had a pair of gold plated 1911…

Remington 1187 is nice to start with.
Try to get adjustable choke.

A 1911 is a beautiful piece of machinery and has seen battle in some of our most important wars.

It’s also a great defensive weapon for the house. It’ll stop a NFL linebacker in his tracks. It would be the hand gun I choose for a home invasion. It feels great in your hands but it does take some practice to get a hang of It.

I guess Purdeys don’t count on here :pensive:

You should be really good with pistols and use hollow point rounds with 1911’s though. 7 round capacity isn’t a whole lot. Especially a Glock 17 is essentially the same size (maybe slightly smaller and lighter, at least to me it is), and 9mm has about the same stopping power as 45 ACP because it’s a higher velocity round. But you get 17 round capacity in Glock 17 rather than only 7…

For home invasions a shotgun is much better anyways. Someone racking a shotgun has to be the most terrifying sound any home invader would ever hear, and one shot in their general direction always stop them cold. Over penetration is also less of a concern with shotguns.

dont shoot shoot shoot that thing at me

:wink:

its a good song!

Au contraire, it is a family heirloom.

I’d rather just move to a better neighborhood than worry about HI.

Taiwan_Luthiers lives in Taiwan. I’m struggling to think of a bad HI neighborhood in Taiwan. I’m sure somebody will reference the home invasion of the South African guy 20 odd years ago, but other than that Taiwan doesn’t seem to me to warrant having a shotgun under the pillow.

1 Like

MOst places don’t. And most break ins aren’t home invasions neither.

That said, my overunder .20 gauge rabbit killer is in the closet.

Having one is also a capital crime too, so the only gun I own is a spray gun. It shoots paint. It needs a compressor in order to do that.

How much heirloom can an heirloom be? Does it spark joy? If not…

I live in a pretty great neighborhood… but every so often you still get the odd whacko that decides to open your gate and walk thru or hop your fence

Where do you hunt rabbits?

Yeah but once those animals get cancer huffing that paint… :skull:.
You twisted sob, you.

Why??