For the curious: my cozy rooftop apartment

Excruciatingly hot in the summer, intolerable sound of rain in the winter, dogs barking at night, utilities not included. THE deal.

imgur.com/a/pQesL

Enjoy.

At least it is in a good location, I presume?

And I must confess, the tiles and floor are in much better condition than my own humble home. Not to mention I envy your door. Mine is a rusty old bucket. Dogs barking? Check. Heat and rain? Yep.

At least it is cheap?

That’s the dirtiest apartment I have ever seen. Seriously, it’s a fucking pigsty.

The long-neglected pile of mops and brushes in the corner is a nice touch. :thumbsup:

I think he keeps it quite clean… messy, but clean.

I have lived in 3 rooftop apartments. One was pretty nice but did have to worry about thieves…actually saw one thief’s feet dangling off of my roof one time. He left before I could get outside.

One place was extremely hot and extremely cold. I did not imagine there was no hot water so did not ask the landlady. When I moved in I discovered no hot water and asked for water heater. The landlady was not happy and asked why need hot water? Well, she caved in and added a water heater. I used to pity the guys delivering gas canisters to my place on the roof of 6F building…I added a tip each time.

One place was like an attachment to the roof so 2F tenants used stairs to come up to my apartment so they could hang clothes on what remained of the patio (well, the roof). A little inconvenient to have others walking through your “apartment” to hang and bring in clothes.

[quote=“monkey”]That’s the dirtiest apartment I have ever seen. Seriously, it’s a fucking pigsty.

The long-neglected pile of mops and brushes in the corner is a nice touch. :thumbsup:[/quote]

“Pigsty”?
Seriously?
What are you, my grandma??
:roflmao:

Ah rooftop apartments, penthouse living for 10k. I have enjoyed this Taiwan experience too. Typhoons were always fun. There is great freedom in those places , I never regretted living there although couldn’t do it now. My roommate used to climb on the roof for his ‘relax smoke’. Lugging stuff up five floors was good exercise. My wife simply enjoyed the breeze, the space and lack of neighbors although she didn’t feel secure on her own obviously. Also saw a guy breaking into another rooftop place nearby.
Cooked in summer and frozen in winter, well you can deal with it for the other advantages. It’s a rare bit of hippy freedom in a modern city,

That place looks just fine, it’s not filthy to my eyes.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]

That place looks just fine, it’s not filthy to my eyes.[/quote]

Are you serious? There’s concrete dust or some other substance caked all over the floor and icky trails running down the wall around the trash can.

I’m not a clean freak by any means, but I couldn’t walk by that stuff every day and just ignore it …

It looks like the usual linoleum appearance. It is supposed to be waxed… when it was new… 30 years ago… Maybe I can put a picture of our office for reference? :smiling_imp:

Ah, sorry, you mean the red tiles? That is wearing out, from age. Mine’s got it too. It is like erosion, harsh to the touch. Not dirty. You would have to replace the tiles -ain’t happening on a landlord’s budget- to fix that.

The icky trails are not dirty, either. Bad quality paint kind of “sweats”. You would have to scrape it off…

I gotta go with monkey on this one, the place is a mess.

What’s with the apparently broken (or extra??) appliances littering the place and do your mops always travel in packs? :wink:

OP, mind sharing how much a fine pad like this goes for each month?

In the classic words of Horse Badorties: “Yes man, even my roaches have roaches.”

Looks fine to me. Lived in many places more or less like this one. I used to have a thing for rooftops.

i used to have a thing for dirty apartments too but then i gave up heroin.

Was that about the same time that you gave up punctuation?

Was it auspicious?

:smiley:

[quote=“MyOnlyFriend”]Excruciatingly hot in the summer, intolerable sound of rain in the winter, dogs barking at night, utilities not included. THE deal.

imgur.com/a/pQesL

Enjoy.[/quote]

that’s disgusting.

Not really my cup of tea, but OP I’m also curious, would you mind sharing how much you pay?

EVery now and then I check flats on 591 only for loving more mine. I’m sure that even that shithole has the same or even higher rent than mine (10800, 11000 including 2 indoor parking spaces for scooter).

This nice apartment goes for NT 15,000 per month. The landlord is such a nice pal, he even included ADSL 8 MB Internet at this price. I was so happy about that.

But the nicest thing is that I can invite all the friends I want without feeling ashamed, isn’t that nice? It’s not a shithole, alright? It’s just not.

Well, in my own mind at least…