For those who live in Taiwan and like it

distractiontits.jpg

Focus? You’ve totally screwed up my focus with this talk of breasts! What did I miss? :ponder:

FEMEN was the only mention of breasts. And face it, Kage, FEMEN is purely and simply about breasts. Bare ones. On TV. Being manhandled by burly and smirking East European cops. Don’t be distracted. Focus!

Hocus Pocus.

It doesn’t seem to go to the right link anymore ?

2 Likes

Holy cow, sorry, gimme a sec to fix that. :oops: Wrong forum, too, lol. I should go to bed.

Here it is:

The video is correct…But I don’t know what the Gates of Kyiv are…That wikilink goes to something else.

Tell me what the Gates of Kyiv are man I’m an uncultured fool I want to know !

1 Like

Modest Mussorgsky wrote a musical piece–I don’t know if it should be called a concerto–you’re probably more cultured than I am, we just played that one in the junior high school band–called “Pictures at an Exhibition.” It was based on the paintings of an old friend of his, Viktor Hartmann, who’d died. The paintings involved various themes, including Russian ones. The Mussorgsky piece was like a series of relatively short, uh, subpieces, based on his friend’s paintings.

I think it was Maurice Ravel who “scored” (if that’s the right word) Mussorgsky’s concerto, or whatever it was, for orchestra. When I was young, I found parts of it haunting, and parts of it merely pleasant, but parts of it I was indifferent to.

But that “Great Gate at Kiev” thing, I think that gave me goosebumps. So when I heard that on Voice of Russia, I thought, “Does Russia miss Ukraine?” And since I grew up at another time when Russia’s acquisitive streak was quite prominent in the news, I began to wonder whether maybe they would one day really like to, uh, welcome Ukraine back into the fold, in the manner for which Russia was known.

1 Like

4 out of 4 ?