Forbid walking up and down escalators in Taiwan? A Japanese prefecture just did this

I thought about stairs, and think they may be safer, because there may be less weak people, and less crowded.

Maybe some people who are not strong enough to walk on escalators can catch earlier train or bus, if people stand on two lanes.

Not my problem. They can take the lifts if they want to.

Escalators allow me to double my walking speed.

It’s the same for airport conveyor belts. That’s what they’re for. Doubling your speed to get around the big airport quickly.

3 Likes

but it needs more time, and you can use lifts too if you want.

It’s slower. You’re right. I need speed. Walking up the escalators is the quickest.

and, people who cannot walk on escalators may want to be quicker too.

Five options are better than four.

So they can stand on the right, lol

1 Like

No choice could be better than too many choices, sometimes.

So why should I be dragged down? At this time, they have options without reducing their speed.

Changing it just is at the expense to me without any benefit to them.

if people stand on two lanes, can be quicker.

That’s why I drive. Only way I can choose is in my car or on my scooter. :joy:

Then they can install more escalators. They turn into stairs when they’re off anyways.

They can have their slowpokes lane and the ultrafast one with us walking on them.

no. Your choice is with the expense of time and risk of not walking people.

If they’re standing, they’re not in a rush.

Some people maybe cannot walk on escalators even if they are in a rush.

What is the study’s motives? Who financed this study?

The Taipei leader speaks about Taipei’s awful habit
[Keep to the Right? Taipei Finds Old Habit on Escalators Hard to Shake - The News Lens International Edition](

So only people in Taipei are right of mind.

There should not be two lanes on escalators people walk. One escalator to stand only. Another to walk.

https://scholars.cityu.edu.hk/en/theses/effect-of-walking-on-escalator-to-safety(bff73102-49c0-4122-9d66-da9e86ef986b).html

That’s how people drive in Taiwan now. Using passing lanes for slow lanes. Maybe both lanes should be turned into mandatory slow lanes in order to speed traffic up.

2 Likes