Forced to take a COVID test after visiting a hospital for flu

If you have to stay at home (quarantine) you can take sick leave with half pay.

2 Likes

Go to another pharmacy.
No Ritalin, Tramadol or Zolpidem OTC, but just about everything else is fine. The ones near NTUH have more stuff and are less likely to say no to any requests.

1 Like

It was mentioned in the presser, though I’d be hard pressed to say by whom. Them ain’t gonna be happy. These are trying times.

Their love of money overcomes their fear of Covid.

2 Likes

What? Seriously? Yesterday I bought a bag of 100 paracetemol. Nobody batted an eyelid.

1 Like

Not those, the big gun ones.

1 Like

Like what, Dr Icon?

I want some of these magic fever pills too.

Yeah, that ain’t going to happen. My wife was running around (literally!) the other day in the heat, collected the kid from school and went to the pharmacy to get a couple of packets of Ibuprofen, failed the temperature check at the door, 37.7C. They wouldn’t let her in but allowed our 6 year old to go in instead to pay and collect while she shouted what she wanted from the doorway…

Apparently they do, I remember one of the Andrews posting about it on here. You can alos get cough relief with opiates AFAIR.

We’re still waiting in the other thread for the source of these 100NT baggies!

2 Likes

Almost happened once to my little brother in Tainan. My dad had a prescription for Xanax which needed to be renewed. He hadn’t slept in 2 days but also refused to go to the hospital. My brother went to a bunch of pharmacies and they all refused. One pharmacy gave it, reluctantly, but asked him to provide his name/contact info. He went home, my father took a pill and finally got some sleep. Next day, my brother got called by the same guy, saying that he must return the pills or he would call the authorities. My brother is on a student ARC and to avoid any hassle, he returned to the pharmacy to return the meds. First they had an argument. My brother was angry for the waste of time.

My brother refused to return the pills until he was refunded in full. After he got the money, dropped the pills and was surprised to find that his exit was being blocked by the guy. Because one pill had been taken by my Dad, the guy wouldn’t let my brother leave. My brother offered to pay for the pill, but the guy wasn’t budging. He wanted THE PILL returned. He was threatening to call the police too.

That’s when my brother lost it, and gave him a verbal whopping (he can be loud). Realizing that my brother was about to kick his ass (he is a bodybuilder and huge), the guy finally stepped aside and let him leave. Later my brother was expecting the police to knock on his door, but thankfully that didn’t happen.

That the last time we ever attempted to get non-OTC drugs OTC.

You and your family seem to have an awfully hard time with medical issues in Taiwan. Weren’t you also suing a hospital/doctor after the birth of your kid too?

Thanks, I’ll try. They are calling it 14 days “self-management”. This is what they gave me

If you have no symptoms, you can go to work.

In Mandarin

自主健康管理期間 可以上班嗎?

如無任何症狀,自主健康管理者可正常生活,包括上班上課,外出時需嚴格遵守全程配戴醫用口罩;但如在醫療院所、長照機構等高感染風險場所服務,自主健康管理期間應暫停出勤。

根據勞動部公告,勞工如在自主健康管理期間欲自行居家休養,可請普通傷病假、事假或特別休假,或與雇主協議在家上班或遠距上班,以減少接觸;另外, 如勞工無症狀,但雇主要求不要出勤,仍應照給工資。

自主健康管理者可以搭大眾運輸工具嗎?

可以,根據防疫專線1922人員回覆,如果沒有出現任何症狀,可搭乘大眾運輸工具,全程須正確佩戴醫用口罩。

自主健康管理者可以和朋友聚餐嗎?

禁止與他人從事近距離或群聚型的活動,如聚餐、聚會、公眾集會或其他相類似的活動。

2 Likes

I think if you are allowed to go outside the employer still expects you to come to work.
But for the duration when you need to wait for the result, you can claim sick leave.
Because of level 3 all of Taiwan is currently on “self-management”.

1 Like

I can’t sit on my ass and not ask questions when my daughter’s clavicle bone is broken and her hip bones dislocated.

My family is doing many things not done before in Taiwan by someone of my background. Most Taiwanese here assume I sell shawarmas and married a Taiwanese woman to gain residence.

Regardless of residence, no one I know (from our country) has been able to bring their parent here for an extended period of time.

Maybe I should compare notes with someone who brought their sick aged parent here and see if the problem is us and not Taiwan.

Maybe we are just really unlucky.

2 Likes

You should have told the guy to call the cops and kept the pills. Then he can explain to the cops why he dispensed them illegally.

Someone I know works for a drug company in Taiwan and told me that every pill is accounted for relating to narcotics so if one goes missing they get in crap. Like literally from drug manufacturer to pharmacy to patient, every single pill is tracked and audited.

1 Like

That doesn’t say they won’t sell medicines to you and will instead report you to the authorities.

I had a ‘brain tickler’ test done in Manila and although it makes your eyes water a bit, it’s not painful. Under normal circumstances you might be able to complain about such treatment, but these are not normal circumstances.

This sort of BS is precisely why I’m staying well clear of The System while the madness prevails. On the offchance I feel ill, I’ll self-quarantine.

2 Likes

The opposite. It says you can buy medicines.

Yet before they were warning people not to hide symptoms and seek professional help. Seems we are really at a pickle regarding hospital care. I know Xinbei does not have enough beds…and cases keep coming.

1 Like