Foreign guys and Taiwanese women

Yes, that is true of so many of my older students, although the pool is biased, since so many singles take night school classes in search of that special somebody. Another issue is that even when women have boyfriends they often lie and say they don’t, hoping to “trade up” if you know what I mean. Thus many of those “searching for Mr Right” are making do with “Mr OK.”

Another factor in non-marriage is the incredibly long courtships. I have students who have dated the same person for 7 years or 10 years, even 12 years. I always tease them and tell them they should change every six months whether they need to or not :slight_smile:.

Vorkosigan

I was watching one of those local Chinese chat shows on the t.v. a few weeks back and they had a panel of 3 or 4 local girls on one side and 3 guys on the other. 2 of the boys were local, one was a black guy, not sure where he was from (lets just say he wasn’t from here). So the show was dedicated to whether foreign men were better than local men (hey, they picked the topic, I didn’t). I’m sure the whole show was staged, but every girl who was interviewd whether on the panel or on the street either was dating, had dated, or had a friend who was dating (or dated) a foreigner. All, and I do mean, all the local women agreed that foreigners were better than the local men. Of course my Chinese speaking ability is not all that great so I had my wife translate everything for me (yes, she is one of the girls who prefers foreign over local). Pretty much every other post I do is my controversial opinion, but in this case, I’m just telling you what I saw. There was one girl on the panel who did say that she got picked up by a German guy and went back to his place. When she refused to sleep with him, he told her, “time for you to go”. If I knew who the German guy was I would buy him a beer.

YouAreSoBoring

My pool consists of a group of women graduating from a vocational high school in Xindian.

What I have heard is that the male normally pays the house and saves the money used for major purchases. The wife pays all bills using her own money. If divorced => wife has nothing.

I’ll be swimming at yours then.

Oops… instead of “pool”, perhaps I should have said “sample”.

Some comments on Foreign guys and Taiwanese women which may enliven the current discussion:

The hardest problem with being a man is trying to understand Taiwanese women.

If at first you succeed, she was no amateur.

Many a Taiwanese girl has never gone to college, even though she has passed many an entrance examination.

I have never known a foreign man to mention his faults, although his Taiwanese wife frequently does.

Any foreign guy who can describe himself as an incurable romantic is obviously not married.

I believe that in the end, women will conquer truth.

If all women were laid end-to-end, that would be Utopia.

The only thing a Taiwanese woman needs to keep a secret is amnesia.

Many a bitch has a pretty tail.

Give a Taiwanese girl an inch and she wants more.

Foreign guys should never forget, a small hole can sink a big ship.

Beware of Taiwanese widows for they have killed once.

How old was this girl? “Chubby” makes her sound like she was ten
or eleven. And just because a women may be overweight does not
necessarily make her undesirable, though in your book this must be
true.

Heaven forbid if you should have a relationship with a girlfriend or
even a wife who gained weight. You would not be able to accept
the fact that she is the same person as before, except for the
issue of weight. But I guess if you gained weight, it would be ok!