Foreigner in Miaoli with bunch of dogs

[quote=“occhimarroni”]
No you can still leave comments, but it’s kinda like you’re beating a dead horse at this point no matter how eloquently or tactfully you restate the same sentiment. Face it, it’s just about showing off at this point. A foreigner write-off, best man wins a trip to the nightmarket to practice Chinese with street vendors.[/quote]

:laughing: let me know if I win! I haven’t been to Shilin in a long time, I can tell the chou doufu seller all about where I’m from, how long I’ve been in Taiwan, and how I’m not an English teacher!

from deuce:

… for the girlies with daddy issues to slide up and down on.

unquote.

HEY< careful now , these are the best kinda girls :slight_smile: I mean that in a good way of course. So how come this guy doesnt know bout furumosa?? I thought just bout any furriner knew of the site? Why dont he come on here and yab bout whats up with us?

Just another example of how Taiwan is a developing nation. I am sure the dude will get sent back to the US where he will be given adequate care. Too bad for the dogs though. As most of us know a nation’s treatment of animals reflects their true humanity. Quite an example.

[quote=“tommy525”]from deuce:

unquote.

HEY< careful now , these are the best kinda girls :slight_smile: I mean that in a good way of course. So how come this guy doesnt know bout furumosa?? I thought just bout any furriner knew of the site? Why dont he come on here and yab bout whats up with us?[/quote]

Well, Tommy, like any other foreigner he probably doesn’t have any idea what the verb “to yab” means. Anyway, if he homeless his inernet access is likely a bit spotty. :unamused:

[quote=“housecat”][quote=“tommy525”]from deuce:

unquote.

HEY< careful now , these are the best kinda girls :slight_smile: I mean that in a good way of course. So how come this guy doesnt know bout furumosa?? I thought just bout any furriner knew of the site? Why dont he come on here and yab bout whats up with us?[/quote]

Well, Tommy, like any other foreigner he probably doesn’t have any idea what the verb “to yab” means. Anyway, if he homeless his inernet access is likely a bit spotty. :unamused:[/quote]

dang you teachers :slight_smile: (i mean that in a good way)

yea maybe spotty inernet, thats it.

“yab” = what Yobs do when they attempt speech.

That’s simply not true. There are many more people in the west who are homeless or living on the margins of society that no-one seems to care about at all. I really don’t see how we are more “developed” in that regard.
At least in Taiwan there are family networks to fall back on.

As for the lack of “humanity”, one of the issues was that the posters seemed to care only about the animals. Love for animals does not always mean love for your fellow man.

And the US is where he should get adequate care. He is not a Taiwanese citizen. The Taiwanese government has enough problems providing for its own to worry about foreigners.

Dude, I don’t know what planet you’re from, but this is the “adequate care” he can probably look forward to back in the States.

[quote]As most of us know a nation’s treatment of animals reflects their true humanity. Quite an example.

[/quote]
They kill more than 5 MILLION unwanted dogs per year in America. Quite an example.

Mike is a nice guy who just could not get a hold of his alcohol abuse. And lost jobs because of it. He tried to borrow money from me once, but I had none to spare at that time. Found out later that he had/has a drinking problem. But I did sense that he was troubled and not all “there”. Saw him about 3 weeks ago in passing and he said he was doing great. Seems not. Poor guy.

[quote]Quote:
As most of us know a nation’s treatment of animals reflects their true humanity. Quite an example.

They kill more than 5 MILLION unwanted dogs per year in America. Quite an example.[/quote]

If you’re not pulling that out of your ass what is that in relation to population of dogs/people etc.? Compared to other countries?

[quote=“On The Brink”][quote]Quote:
As most of us know a nation’s treatment of animals reflects their true humanity. Quite an example.

They kill more than 5 MILLION unwanted dogs per year in America. Quite an example.[/quote]

If you’re not pulling that out of your ass what is that in relation to population of dogs/people etc.? Compared to other countries?[/quote]
The figure came from an article posted by Straydog. Its a huge figure. Massive. But, you know. America. No-one ever accused the Yanks of being humane.
By the way, 53 million pet dogs in the US, according to the Humane Society. Do the math.

lets see…article posted by “stray dog” + 53 million dog owners in US (take out any other contributing factors) = Americans Inhumane

Like your math, country the size of U.S. works well for your special math formulas to create dickhead responses.

Quick! Get yer Glock! :laughing:

I should think keeping unwanted dogs (for a long period of time) would bankrupt any well intentioned humane society or charitable organization.

What is the protocol for your average spca when it comes to euthanasia of animals?

I should think keeping unwanted dogs (for a long period of time) would bankrupt any well intentioned humane society or charitable organization.

What is the protocol for your average spca when it comes to euthanasia of animals?[/quote]
I dunno. Someone wrote a glib platitude in an attempt to cast Taiwanese in a bad light and I simply turned it around and pointed out that its by no means the only country with a shocking record of animal treatment.
So I sincerely hope that a nation’s treatment of its animals is NOT a reflection of its humanity. Otherwise we’re all in the shit.

Australia consumed 196 eggs per person in 2008. That’s 4,312,000,000 eggs murdered in a single year. Talk about inhumane. I agree with your point in general, but it has to be ‘nuanced’ as our trans-Atlantic cousins would say.

Australia consumed 196 eggs per person in 2008. That’s 4,312,000,000 eggs murdered in a single year. Talk about inhumane. I agree with your point in general, but it has to be ‘nuanced’ as our trans-Atlantic cousins would say.[/quote]

um those eggs are non viable lol

That’s the ‘nuance’ I’m talking about.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“On The Brink”][quote]Quote:

If you’re not pulling that out of your ass what is that in relation to population of dogs/people etc.? Compared to other countries?[/quote]
The figure came from an article posted by Straydog. Its a huge figure. Massive. But, you know. America. No-one ever accused the Yanks of being humane.
By the way, 53 million pet dogs in the US, according to the Humane Society. Do the math.[/quote]

On this board I think Americans ought to be barred from making any sort of negative comments involving other nations or their people, because it tends to divert a thread from its proper course.