Foreigner Rights Groups

What groups are currently active that are promoting rights for foreigners/ immigrants in Taiwan?

As well, has anyone taken up the mantle in the manner of Hartzell back in the day?

Forward Taiwan is actively trying to push for better immigration and residency rights:

關於Forward Taiwan
2013年一群熱愛台灣的國內外朋友,在朱平先生的號召之下,就如何為台灣未來注入更多活力,對政府相關部門提出開放與改革建議。這群朋友包括律師、學者、中小企業家、青創企業家及青年學子,一致認為,活化台灣未來的關鍵在於改革不合時宜的移民政策及法規,創造吸引國際菁英人才的友善環境,讓在地與國際的頂尖人才,留在台灣一起打拼,打造後資訊時代的新世界。

About Forward Taiwan
Forward Taiwan is an organization dedicated to strengthening Taiwan’s global economic position through efforts to improve national immigration policies. Founded in 2013 by Ping Chu and Yee-Ming Tan and comprised of legal professionals, academics, small business owners, startup professionals, and students from Taiwan and abroad, the team has opened discussions with government officials to make clear our proposals for improvements in working visa regulations (ARC), procedures for obtaining permanent residence (APRC), and rights to dual citizenship.

Source: http://www.forwardtaiwan.com/

Guy

5 Likes

Thanks a lot. They definitely are the sort of group that I was thinking about in my post.

My only question about them is: what do they do exactly? Mostly advocate to the government to change legislation? (which is of the utmost importance)

Do they do anything else? Can someone get involved with them on a more grassroots level? It is interesting that most of the people involved in it are not foreigners as well … most appear to be Taiwanese.

On another note, is there any sort of group here that provides an overarching referral point for services for foreigners? The foreign community in Taiwan has been living here in some cases getting close to 40 years (and of course some even longer), and it is interesting to see what has (or hasn’t) been organized.

though grave digging

Topics tagged union failed attempt

If by foreigners you mean furriners/pale faces, nope.

SEA spouses have several associations and even a political party, as I recall. But then there is 500k of them…vs maybe 10k or less.