Foreigners avoiding each other

Sign language F?

Wait

7 Likes

Let’s invert the sign to avoid alerting/confusing the locals, who may interpret it as ok or coin!

Screen shot 2010-06-27 at 10.08.28 PM

Pretty sure this is it

2 Likes

I usually nod, some ignore it but most give a nod back. Some even say hello.

We are humans not machines, some days you just don’t care.

3 Likes

“Yo, my cracker!”

1 Like

Letter f in sign language.

Deleted. Suggested already.

This brings me back…

4 Likes

I think a lot of it is these guys style themselves “travelers in exotic Asia” or something like that. When they see other foreigners it shatters the illusion.

Either that or they’re just assholes and probably doing you a favor by avoiding you.

1 Like

This comment is in poor taste. Many would say the institutions prevent this from happening.

So what happened? You guys struck up a conversation and became friends in the market? Or you met her at a later point?

FYI that’s cultural appropriation.
The great one is a Canadian national treasure.

List of National Hockey League retired numbers

|Wayne Gretzky|Edmonton Oilers|99|October 1, 1999|
|Wayne Gretzky|Los Angeles Kings|99|October 9, 2002|

(also retired league-wide)

2 Likes

In my opinion this is a useless concept at best, and that’s when it is used correctly. If Americans enjoying Gretzky is cultural appropriation wouldn’t that mean that every single non-Taiwanese enjoying Taiwanese culture is similarly guilty? If expats in Taiwan spend much time worrying about cultural appropriation, I would avoid them.

1 Like

99 actually played for the Rangers boys! We had him fair and square. Along with every other aging star around that time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Friggin hilarious, especially from you :rofl::ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Clearly you’re not familiar with Canadian sports. The day Peter Pocklington sold out Canada for 15 million is the saddest day in Canadian sports. A close second is Ben Johnson getting stripped of his gold medal in the 1988 olympics for doping.

1 Like

this is true; never been a sports fan, always been a reader

Losing the Expos has to be up there!

2 Likes

Ah, I almost forgot.
Looks like they might get a team back, though. Florida can’t afford the rays.

1 Like

Think this need of acknowledgment is psychological
You don’t really want to interact with this stranger and yet you feel you need to nod? For what reason if it serves no useful purpose.

The purpose it serves is self driven

It makes us feel good

And we are disappointed if we get no affirmation back

Leading to doubts of self worth and introspection leading possibly to anger