Former president - off his food, again

When DPP foreign supporters/apologists such as yourself and Vorkosigan start sounding like “Gang of Four” anti-capitalistic apparatchiks and many people in the party espousing the same “class warfare” bullshit, then it’s little wonder that the party screwed up so much while governing. Any jackass can tear down an outhouse but it takes a carpenter to build one.

Whether one agrees or disagrees with the PAP’s authoritarian style and I’ve been pretty vocal in my opposition to it, one can not deny that Singapore’s path from a malaria-infesting backwater to a developed country is pretty impressive indeed. Taiwan has never had the same quality of political leaders (although its business leaders have been impressive indeed and Lee Teng Hui was a step above the other political leaders) and certainly not under the DPP. I wouldn’t trust the DPP to run a peanut stand. Leaders around the world listen to Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew even though they might not agree with him on many issues. The same can’t be said for CSB. Snicker Snicker. :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

Very much true. Whether one agrees or not, at least Singapore ( which I’ve lived in for many years ) is indeed an impressive country. From how houses built from woods turn into sturdy infrastructures, and the remarkably lightspeed advancement in every aspect of its society. Then you need to know. That’s the price to pay.

If you want a profit stable country, thats the exchange you need to pay for basic humanitarian rights.

Apparantly Mr here is so blinded by hate that he seem to misunderstood the whole intention of the detain. You should feel glad his already in jail, and whether or not his eating is his family’s business and not a concern of yours. I believe anyone intellectual enough to recognize the fact Taiwan got no political leaders but generations of dictators, should carefully place his view more objectively and speak more persuasively in why he should or not be jailed.

Anyone without conviction should not even be detained for such a long period of time. He served his period of detainment and if they still can’t squeeze out any drop of concrete bullshit out of his crimes, then they should let him off. If his willing to serve his detainment this shows he is not above law.

DPP DPP the hate for DPP. Over the impotency in laundering money well or its simply pure pan blue hate you have in you? If you can come up with enough factual evidence to convict him, go ahead. I love to see anyone guilty of crimes jailed. If that happens, I believe more than 90% of Taiwan’s constitution ( 70% are KMT ) will be sent to jail too

CSB can’t do any shit facing a shit country like Taiwan. Singapore can do it freely without any opposition. See the difference, I rather you quit the comparison and concentrate how you wanna glorify the mighty cause of hating CSB

That’s all well an good, but it was only under the DPP’s time of holding the mayor’s office in Taipei and Lee Tung Hui’s stint as Taipei Mayor, and presidency that Taiwan’s infrastructure and social policies advanced at all up until then the place was just being gutted by the KMT and will be again. Talk about ignorance being bandied as intellect. Ma Ying Jo was a useless mayor and has turned out to be an even more useless president. For all your bitching about CSB he was a far more effective economic leader than Ma. He still managed to turn growth without China, Ma will never be able to do that, but he might give us a few more years yet of recession with China.

And that crap about drawing a comparison between the PAP and the DPP just couldn’t be any farther off the mark than Delibelly and a bucket.

I think they are getting the funds back from Switzerland right? So tax it at 50pct and give him back the rest if no hard evidence of wrong doing can be found. And release the dude. Course he will try to jump back into a leadership role within the DPP and use some of those millions to get himself in the news again and again. But hey its a free country. Find evidence of wrong doing or tax the “earnings” to the max allowed by law and give him back the rest.

Why not get on with the kangaroo court trial rather than keeping him in prison indefinately (an imprisonment that began before the charges were even filed) without any movement toward a trial?

Yes I think his human rights are being violated. Lets get this case settled.

[quote=“Fox”]That’s all well an good, but it was only under the DPP’s time of holding the mayor’s office in Taipei and Lee Tung Hui’s stint as Taipei Mayor, and presidency that Taiwan’s infrastructure and social policies advanced at all up until then the place was just being gutted by the KMT and will be again. Talk about ignorance being bandied as intellect. Ma Ying Jo was a useless mayor and has turned out to be an even more useless president. For all your bitching about CSB he was a far more effective economic leader than Ma. He still managed to turn growth without China, Ma will never be able to do that, but he might give us a few more years yet of recession with China.

And that crap about drawing a comparison between the PAP and the DPP just couldn’t be any farther off the mark than Delibelly and a bucket.[/quote]

Hmm…Chen “managed to turn to growth without China”? Umm… isn’t China Taiwan’s main trade partner? Even under the Chen Administration, trade with China actually grew. I think the “without China” part is highly unwarranted, unless you meant something else by it.

And I wouldn’t hold it against Ma if there has been, is, and will be a recession. The global economic downturn affected every country on earth. When Taiwan’s biggest trading partners aren’t buying Taiwanese goods or have severely cut down on the amounts of Taiwanese goods they are buying, how is Taiwan supposed to avoid a recession, especially since Taiwan is essentially an export-based nation? Should Taiwan be trading with Martians?

No Taiwanese politician from any political party could have avoided a recession when even stronger foreign economies were and are undergoing recessions themselves.

Chen was President during a global economic expansion for most of his Presidency. Saying that he was a more effective economic leader than Ma based on their respective performances is quite useless actually. Conditions are totally different. It’s like saying George W. Bush is a better economic leader than Barack Obama based on their performance so far. Uh…well too bad Bush was President when America was mostly going through an economic expansion, while Obama inherited a recession.

Even Myanmar, with it’s brain dead military leader Than Shwe, managed to foster economic growth in their country, despite much of the world placing economic sanctions on that country and despite Myanmar being a horribly decrepit place for business activities. Does that suddenly make Than Shwe a brilliant economic leader?

If the world gets itself out of recession and countries are again importing Taiwanese goods on a mass scale, then judge Ma based on Taiwan’s performance. Nothing Ma can do now (I repeat, NOTHING Ma can do now) will magically turn Taiwan around and lead to positive economic growth. The optimal thing he can do is cushion the blow by making the recession not as bad as it could be.

And if you think there are things that Ma can currently do now that could lead to immediate positive economic growth by himself (without the help of foreign countries – primarly China, USA, Japan, South Korea, and European countries – turning around their economies), then I’m glad you’re not the President, because chances are your policies will lead to even an worse recession.

Be more reasonable. You have the freedom to hate the President, but look at the whole picture before you give out criticism.

Just watched a pro-DPP march going down Bade Road.

One guy had a sign that said: “Obama: Stop torturing Chen Shui-bian”

Whhuuuhhhh…?? :s

[quote=“Chris”]Just watched a pro-DPP march going down Bade Road.

One guy had a sign that said: “Obama: Stop torturing Chen Shui-bian”

Whhuuuhhhh…?? :s[/quote]

Missed that one - I hope there was some sarcasm meant in that.

He’s probably more right than you think.