Forum member produced Music Videos and Media

Here is a recording I finally got around to mixing. Other videos on this same page. This is a Live studio recording. What do you think?

4 Likes

This is a very cool idea; I can’t access your link though. Maybe put it up on YouTube, with only granting access if you have the direct link (not public).

1 Like

I put the video on YouTube. Let me know what you think. Are you a content producer?

2 Likes

Not at all; cool video

1 Like

Thanks a lot. My emphasis is mostly on the audio recording. The room is not decorated very well, it’s a rehearsal studio, so the video surely isn’t as entertaining as others out there. My goal is to make a great audio recording first and next a video. I can do both but I enjoy the audio capture and mixing part of the job and I think I’m best at that right now. I want to improve my video capture and editing ability. I want to do everything better.

New video I finished yesterday. Taiwanese band performing one of their originals

https://fb.watch/v/209vKivaV/

YouTube link to new video

4 Likes

I love the bass!

1 Like

I do too. I had a problem with the snare drum rattling because of the bass frequencies in the room. You can hear it in the recording when the girl first starts singing. Those first few lines at the start, I wish I had done more to make the bass clearer. This is the 3rd song I’ve finished of this group. That was all we recorded that day. You can see the rest of their songs on the FB page linked above. Thanks for listening

1 Like

I only though the first guitar solo was a little thin and it could use a bit more reverb. Other than that, good job in general!

1 Like

this was recorded May 30, 2020. This was my plan to roll out the videos over time. So I’ve recorded maybe 6 or 7 bands so far and each has about 3 songs they’ve recorded during the session. These are all live recordings so you get what you get. I don’t have nice cameras so the quality of the video give people plenty to complain about but the music is my focus.

You are correct. I thought the same thing. The guitarist didn’t mention it so I never got to doing anything with that but you are absolutely correct. This was sort of a rush job. I just wanted to get it out. Seems like each of these is a rush job. This is all done at my expense. I produce everything. It is sort of a resume of my recording ability. It’s got my name on it.

1 Like

Every recording I make - as soon as I put it out there I have regrets. I wish I’d done this. I wish I’d done that.

Yeah that bass is super nice. You could almost drop a guitar out. I see this a lot in local bands when you have two electric guitars strumming chords. It tends to muddy the sound. One guitar needs to pick chord patterns and even do some counter melodies. Easier said than done I know.

1 Like

When they aren’t playing the exact same thing the guitars do sound nice. In this song I had extreme pans on most of the guitar parts except for the solos. See the other 2 videos of them on the FB page. These guys sound great together.

2 Likes

Yeah I was listening on iPad so not the best format

Yes. Good earbuds or headphones to hear the stereo effects

1 Like

Comment on the video. The room is so small I couldn’t get the camera back far enough to capture the whole band in one shot. I stitched 2 camera shots together to get this wide angle view. Sadly, 1 camera was recording at h.264 and the other at h.265. Really obvious on computer monitor but hard to tell on big 4k Panasonic tv or on phone.

Great job @stinsonlover . Love the bass as well!

Unrelated, but I’ve shared some links below of one of the best mixing works I’ve seen in Taipei so far. This studio seems to be run by a noncitizen (Andy Baker) as well. I wonder if he is also a Forumosan.

1 Like

more cow bell

2 Likes