Forumosa BBQ Happy Hour at Speakeasy, Sat. May 14!

Remember [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/the-most-awesome-happy-hour-ever-free-bbq-ribs-8-00-start/60881/1 Happy Hour[/url]? I do! It was probably Forumosa’s best attended happy hour ever, and we have Baba Kevin’s American BBQ to thank for that awesome night! :notworthy:

Well, happy days are here again - we’re doing ANOTHER barbecue happy hour, this time at the Speakeasy, and it’s going to be just as awesome! It’s going to be on a Saturday, and we’re starting at 7:00 pm. The barbecue won’t be free, but it’s the next best thing - only $300NT for mouthwatering ribs, chicken, brisket, mashed potatoes and pasta salad! If you’ve been lucky enough to have eaten 88K’s barbecue before , you know that this is some of the best damn barbecue you’re ever going to get in Taiwan! :lick:

And if that’s not reason enough to attend, we’ve got cold beer and standard drinks for only $100NT, and of course, Niall “the Barman” Clinton’s irreplaceable brand of Irish Hospitality is always enough reason to go in and of itself. :beer:

See you there! :slight_smile:

Great, looking forward to it

Happy Hour + BBQ + Niall! Excellent!

FOOD at the SPEAKEASY! This is NOT to be missed, ladies. :bow: Oh, and will everyone please spam/persecute Got To Be Kidding’s PM inbox to vehemently coerce him and his (obviously very tolerant) wife into attending via immense peer pressure? :smiley:

88K here for a treat for all barbecue lovers.

First, it’s a full platter of grubbin’ BBQ. That’s reason enough to get your butt down to the Speakeasy and hang out for a night.
At last year’s BBQ happy hour, lots of folks came out a little late and missed out on the 'Q. Yeah, it’s still first come first serve. But…
Now you can PRE-ORDER! So even if you come late, your plate will be waitn for ya. And…
The first 25 pre-orders get a special treat, compliments of I Love Grandma! Brownies. Guess it’s not a surprise anymore.

Just cause I luv ya’ll
Pre-order at 88kbbq.com/

I may have to make an appearance here. Yiz can all feel free to wish me a happy 21st birthday while yer at it.

Oh and I highly recommend both the location and the 88K’s BBQ offerings.

Hey, I said that I would come. Kinda. I said that I would try to come… and… that… I’M FEELING PERSECUTED! PERSICUTED, I tell you.

All right. I give up.

I’ll be there.

(The wife really wants to go too, and I’m more scared of HER than any of you guys.)

I will be there. And I will take my chances with the grub. I will be there at 8PM even if it means I show up in my underwear. At least I won’t be smoking so no laws will be broken!

Ribs!! Beer!! Marking down my calendar :smiley:

We should probably include an address.

All are welcome. If you haven’t tried one of our Happy Hours yet, this would be a good time to start.

Nobody can ever find it.

[quote=“maoman”]we’re starting at 7:00 pm…

[/quote]
So, does it start at 7 or 8?

C’mon – even you found it!

A good question. Perhaps it starts at 7 for people who don’t like to eat on an empty stomach.

ThreadKiller gets a brownie point. The bar is open all night, but BBQ from 8pm to 10pm. I gotta have a lil something too guys!

C’mon – even you found it![/quote]
No. I never have found it. It’s one of those secret Harry Potter shops or something.

I don’t get it. :ponder: Why celebrate something that happened back in the 80’s?

I’m sorry I can’t come. By the time I could get there the BBQ would be gone, Jimipresley will be smashed and French kissing people, Maoman would be packing up to go home to his daughters and the rest of youse will be drunk on Jameisons shots. Another thing about your happy hours-although always delightful-they’re sausage fests for single dudes-which I am now. Have fun and don’t forget to punch an Irishman on your way home from there.

[quote=“ThreadKiller”]We should probably include an address.

All are welcome. If you haven’t tried one of our Happy Hours yet, this would be a good time to start.

[/quote]

Yeah, and a note to anyone who has never been. It is a door with “speakeasy” scrawled on it that leads to a basement. Don’t be looking for a large shop front or anything.

C’mon – even you found it![/quote]
No. I never have found it. It’s one of those secret Harry Potter shops or something.[/quote]
I had a lot of trouble finding it too.
Their website has a “How to Find Us page”.
speakeasy.tw/?page_id=14

Here’s a map:

Directions: Heading north on Fuxing, turn right on the SE corner of Civic Blvd. and Fuxing S. Rd.
Turn right again into the first alley, then turn left to find the Speakeasy 30ft to your left, a wooden door with yellow lettering.