Forumosa BBQ Happy Hour at Speakeasy, Sat. May 14!

As a brisket virgin, that was some excellent meat :lick: :thumbsup:
Not that the other stuff wasn’t good as well…
Well worth coming for and yes, I can only agree with the above :smiley:

Oh MAN, that stuff was good.

When can we do that again?

I think I was there. My wife tells me I was, and I trust her implicitly. A big pity that I didn’t get to meet TheLostSwede and heimuoshu, but on the plus side I did get to meet Got To Be Kidding and his lovely wife. :bow:

Funk500 lavished me with with gifts (damn, I’m going to bone that bloke someday; he’s ferkin’ GOLD)! Spent most of the evening with Lo Pan and his gorgeous Significant Other. If I recall correctly, we actually had a conversation, which is a first for me at f.com Happy Hours.

Was amusing to observe Maceck hunting for beer instead of ducks.

Great to meet our new administrator Ernest. A most earnest young man…

The pussy-whipped amongst us (namely the chief and Dr. McCoy) were sorely missed.

Thank you, Kevin, for the wholesome food, and Niall for the wholesome tequilas.

To my immense relief, ThreadKiller didn’t haul out his Party Favors.

And Divea. You got a big, virtual hug. Like it or not.

Thanks to all who came out for BBQ @ The Speakeasy last night. Really great to meet you guys and gals. And special thanks to Niall and Maoman for making it all happen.

This was only the second Forumosa BBQ Happy Hour, and we’re gettin the hang of it. We’ll do it bigger next time around. Mighty shame leaving all those hungry people without grub. Maybe throw out some Bar-B-Qpons before next event so folks don’t go hungry.

Thanks again everybody for your support. Sign up for our newsletter @ twitter.com/#!/88kbbq.

Kudos again on the BBQ. And thanks to Niall and the patrons who were extremely gracious is sharing their tables and counter space for us slobs eating slobby grub. I was really glad to see the people worth seeing. Also, lots of smoking hot ladies. Its a real shame I don’t have any style, class, panache. Also, they seemed to be with someone. So for the next BBQ, can we have meat and single ladies? Or is that too far off the menu? And no handsome dudes. They are strictly forbidden from the next shindig. I insist!

I had to stay home and mine the fortress, but at least I have a good map to that place now. I will show up one day out of the blue and through the wall.

[quote=“jimipresley”]I think I was there. My wife tells me I was, and I trust her implicitly. A big pity that I didn’t get to meet TheLostSwede and heimuoshu, but on the plus side I did get to meet Got To Be Kidding and his lovely wife. :bow:

[/quote]

It was on my agenda to meet you. Didn’t really know how to go about it though and when I ran into some friends, all my plans went out the window.

The neighbours are really THAT bad?

The neighbours are really THAT bad?[/quote]
Most people would assume that was a typo. sandman got it right.

That was way too obvious to be a typo. What’s mine is mine.

If only TK, if only.

Thanks to Kevin and Anthony for putting on a great show! I have to say those ribs were to die for!

And I for one enjoyed myself shovelling tequilas down Jimipresley’s esophagus and dicussing the Irish weather we were experiencing with Funk500 :sunglasses:

I was really looking forward to going to this BBQ, but unfortunately I just could not get there in the end! Will certainly be stopping by The Speakeasy soon though. It’s a great place to hang out in Taipei. :slight_smile: See you soon Niall.

I keep forgetting to check the events section of this forum, when I do the Happy hour of the month has already been. Can’t you guys post this as an overlapping thread like you guys do with the software update pages?
Best regards
R

I had a good time at the event, although I didn’t get any BBQ :frowning: Maybe next time.
I got the chance to meet the infamous jimipresley, but I doubt he remembers it. His wife is lovely though. I might go to the next one if she’ll be there.