Forumosa Black mode

Oh

Well, I will look shortly!

Let me correct my previous post.
The logo issue is only on the Darkmosa theme.

Did you change something?
Now itā€™s looking much better!
Screenshot_20200219-143614_Chrome

2 Likes

I think someone did :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just wanting to say thank you again. Dark mode / black mode is super comfortable to read, and also more eco-friendly on OLED. Still loving it!

3 Likes

The island looks blue to me. One thing Iā€™ve noticed though is that some of the old (now ā€œcustomā€) emojis look a little odd on black, like this one. :noway:

1 Like

For black and dark, F is in a square, but it is in a circle for classic and drkmosa.

2 Likes

I like the circle version better.

I can only see the island in the Classic and Darkmosa themes. No island logo on Dark or Black.

Thatā€™s because of the quality of the animated gif. Not much we can do, unless you know someone who can work well on editing images.

Will do some logo improvements very soon.

Yeah, it canā€™t be helped, except maybe by choosing an avatar that looks good on both.

I donā€™t thing @yyy is taking about avatar, rather the animated emojis

1 Like

Oh. Thanks. Hmmm. Yeah that seems like a difficult nut to crack as well.

In fact, I only found few with such issue in dark modes:
:notworthy:
:noway:
:smoker:
:tumble:
You can notice the persistent white dots near the edges.

1 Like

Maybe I can clean them up a bit.

2 Likes

I understand that Black Mode saves mobile battery life. Can anyone help me understand the differences between Darkmosa and Dark?

I need to be careful that any changes to the themes - like highlighting in certain forums and reformatting the banners - are cascaded to all the themes.

Well, they save battery life too but a bit less and look different. Dark is based on the exact opposites of our Classic colors. That was my first foray into making a dark theme. Later I found an award-winning free theme on meta.discourse somewhere, which became Darkmosa. The original and documentation is probably still around somewhere and/or linked above. Also some people said ā€œuh dark means blackā€ so we got Black.

2 Likes

Nice. Thank you. Iā€™m inclined to retire the Dark theme, and promote Darkmosa and Black in its place.

Does anyone use Dark? Any reasons why anyone would not move over to either Black or Darkmosa?

1 Like

I liked dark when it was a colour inversion of classic. But Black is good.

I think it should be called Forumocha like @tempogain suggested years ago.

1 Like