Forumosa Family Day

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Hey!!! How about doing a forumosa family day this weekend? Nothing too difficult, requiring a long drive, or dependent on the weather. How about some of us with young kids getting together at Playspace or somewhere comparable on Sunday?

I’ve never been to Playspace, but here’s what someone said about it elsewhere in forumosa:

[quote]Playspace! Playspace!

It’s a lovely, clean indoor playground not far from where you are staying. Address is: Xinyi Rd. Sec. 4, Lane 265, Alley 20, #22. www.playspace.com.tw [/quote]

I think a few people spoke favorably of it before. Can one pay for a single visit there? Would that be a good place for kids age 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 and a half? I believe quite a few of us have kids in that range.[/quote]Sounds like a plan. We’ll be going to the zoo on Saturday as Tiff has been calling anything with four legs “gou gou”. This needs to be rectified. If the missus has no Sunday plans, I’m all in for MT’s Sunday plan.

That’s hilarious. Our girl is doing the same. Gou gou, gou gou. . . with one exception. Recently she has discovered cats and realizes they are even better than dogs, perhaps because they’re scarcer, so if I see a cat when we’re bike riding I’ll hurry to catch up with it and Emily will start meowing.

Great! Do you know if one can buy single-visit passes at Playspace?

What time on Sunday?
I might come myself or send my husband with the kid. My boy is 14 months old - doesn’t give a rat’s arse about other kids but simply adores their young mommies. :sunglasses:

Isn’t early afternoon best – say 2 or 3?

Ha, that’s cuz he hasn’t met my daughter yet. She’s a babe. Too bad she’s too old for him (16.5 months).

I guess I have something in common with your son. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I reaaaally hope you and your boy can make it. . . or even your husband and your boy.

Actually, any time on Sunday is as bad as any other, so 2-3 pm is fine with me. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Notsu”]What time on Sunday?
I might come myself or send my husband with the kid. My boy is 14 months old - doesn’t give a rat’s arse about other kids but simply adores their young mommies. :sunglasses:[/quote]
he’s starting young.

[quote=“truant”][quote=“Notsu”]What time on Sunday?
I might come myself or send my husband with the kid. My boy is 14 months old - doesn’t give a rat’s arse about other kids but simply adores their young mommies. :sunglasses:[/quote]
he’s starting young.[/quote]

You’re just jealous because he’s more popular than you :wink:

[quote=“Notsu”][quote=“truant”][quote=“Notsu”]What time on Sunday?
he’s starting young.[/quote]

You’re just jealous because he’s more popular than you :wink:[/quote]
Well I haven’t been to a family day so I couldn’t possibly comment. Anyone have a child for hire?

Isn’t early afternoon best – say 2 or 3?

[/quote]

I’ll bring our daughter down too, she’s 16mths…

Didn’t see a reply to this, but I remember braxtonhicks mentioning about buying bulk hours and splitting the cards amongst you… ??

Can someone who’s been to PlaySpace describe it? Their website (www.playspace.com.tw) is only in Chinese, which I can’t read. What do they have for kids to play on/with, and can one pay for a single visit (I remember someone describing a place where one buys a whole book of tickets).

Who else is interested? Fox, piwackit, connel, tempo gain, merge, jdsmith? Is it fun for someone as old as merge’s 8 yr old or jdsmith’s kid who I believe is also more than 4 or 5?

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Can someone who’s been to PlaySpace describe it? Their website (www.playspace.com.tw) is only in Chinese, which I can’t read. What do they have for kids to play on/with, and can one pay for a single visit (I remember someone describing a place where one buys a whole book of tickets).

Who else is interested? Fox, piwackit, connel, tempo gain, merge, jdsmith? Is it fun for someone as old as merge’s 8 yr old or jdsmith’s kid who I believe is also more than 4 or 5?[/quote]

My boy is 5.5…sadly we have plans this weekend. Soon…soon

BTW MT, don’t we have a foosball thing to get through?? :smiling_imp:

[quote=“jdsmith”]My boy is 5.5…sadly we have plans this weekend. Soon…soon

BTW MT, don’t we have a foosball thing to get through?? :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Ohhhh, I see. No time to take your boy out to play, but time to go out and get drunk. Shame, shame. :no-no: But you’re right, I still owe you some foosball lessons. Send me a pm letting me know when you’re available.

BUT, my girl and I are definitely up for a forumosa family gathering on Sunday. Sorry jd won’t be there (this time), but hopefully amos and notsu and offspring can make it. Anyone else? Anyone familiar with Playspace?l

Playspace is great for little ones, I guess up to around 4 years. It’s all indoor except for the very big sandpit. They play nice music they brought back from abroad with them. It’s basically one large room with two smaller ones off the side. Wooden floors. Simply but nice, and really kid-friendly. did you see the photos on the website?

Here’s a list of what I remember they have, I’m sure others will add to it:

For babies:
A nice padded area with a mirror that goes from the floor and a bar at baby height so little ones can practice pulling up and standing and walking along.
Lots of wooden block-toys, those toys that babies lie under and look at, sensory-drawers (you open the drawer and you can smell, hear, or touch different objects), walker-toys for those learning to walk, little plastic cars like you see in preschools, a rocking horse and rocking boat, a swing that’s tied to the ceiling and baby can sit in safely while parents swing, cloth tunnel for crawling, lots of wooden beads etc set into the wall for little ones to manipulate.

For toddlers:
sandpit that is outdoor but kind of covered so dogs can’t get in and i don’t think the sand gets wet… bring insect repellant for the sandpit, there are quite a few mosquitoes in it, the sandpit has toys in it
indoor slide
dramatic play area, with lots of dress-ups
library area
trampoline (small one for one child)
block and puzzle room
artroom

Bathrooms:
Diaper changing area, child-sized toilets - no seat for putting baby when you want to go, so best to have someone look after your baby if you can

Eating area:
2 tables with chairs - watch your children with the tables, they are probably the only things that aren’t kid-friendly in the place
no highchair, but there is a nice sofa
You can get coffee for $50, small juices $15, little cakes.
Water is available, bring your own cups
The sign outside says don’t bring your own food but we do and it’s been fine
There is a little TV with some DVDs in the eating area but I have never seen it turned on

Charges:
$250 for one 3-hour session, that is for 1 child and 1 adult, $50 for each extra adult
You can buy a card with 10 hours on it for $1000, and you can share the hours.
You get charged from the time you go in and there are no “part-hours” - if you stay 1 hr 30min, that’s 2 hours.

Have fun Sunday, we’re planning on going tomorrow.

Wow, that sounds great. Thanks for the excellent description asiababy. We’ll definitely be there Sunday afternoon. I hope to see some others. :slight_smile:

wish i could join you, i’ve been waiting to meet Emily. dh comes home from a trip tht day so we’ll be staying in.

MT, what time are you heading out. I think I might take go, too.

So it’s 4 people so far. Is 2pm good for everyone?

darn, isn’t Sunday also the last animalsintaiwan event at Asiaworld?

It is - 1-5pm. It’s a tough decision for me. I was there last Sunday and it was great! :slight_smile: