Forumosa Happy Hour 8:00 at Hell's Kitchen, Thurs. March 12!

Forumosa’s first Happy Hour at Hell’s Kitchen, and our first one in 2009 will be held at Hell’s Kitchen, which is at Civic Blvd, Section 5, No.1. It’s on the northeast corner of Civic Blvd and Guangfu - you can’t miss it. HK’s laoban is Niall Clinton (Spaceman, On Tap, Center Stage) and is the consummate barman. He is offering Forumosans the following:

Heineken, Corona, Taiwan Draught Beer, Basic Mixed Drinks…2 For 1 until 11:00pm and then Taiwan draught for $100 until closing.

I have it on good authority that Lord Lucan will be in attendance. Praemonitus praemunitus!

Chinese address for taxi drivers: 松山區市民大道五段1號

ooh! I’m going to Hell! Well, the kitchen, anyway. we just need HGC and Elegua to pop over now for a full set.

Feel free to bring any domestics you don’t like (nannies especially) and I’ll see what I can do.

I will most definitely be there. I just found out I got my hours cut and my first forced day off is the day after this Happy Hour, so I might as well make the most of it.

Be good to see that Rory Gallagher lookalike too (LL, not Niall).

I’ll grow some more hair and bring a beaten up Strat if you come as Phil Lynnot or anyone from Horslips.

Well I was going to put on about 20 stone and then just swear at everyone and act like a total prick, then shout [color=#000000]G.L.O.R.I.A![/color] every so often.

Well I was going to put on about 20 stone and then just swear at everyone and act like a total prick, then shout [color=#000000]G.L.O.R.I.A![/color] every so often.[/quote]

So you’re coming as Ian Paisley?

Well I was going to put on about 20 stone and then just swear at everyone and act like a total prick, then shout [color=#000000]G.L.O.R.I.A![/color] every so often.[/quote]

So you’re coming as Ian Paisley?[/quote]

I wouldn’t want Niall’s nice windows getting broken.

Do they have food there? Is there smoking? Can I have a pony?

You can ride on a pony and smoke if you promise to buy us all a round and not to vomit on any protestants.

Clean up after the pony too.

Wouldn’t be a real Irish pub without a horse.

Anyone have an address in Chinese? I don’t know how to say “Civic Blvd”. Also, I don’t get out much.

OOPS! Just got the bottom of Mr Maoman’ OP. Gottit.

Shìmíndàdào (市民大道). The cross street is Guāngfù Rd. (光復). Spit your betel nut juice when you say that.

Here’s a map. Enjoy the wee small ones.

Cheers, Feiren!

Evenin’ all,

Looking forward to seein’ all you Gobshites tomorrow night!

We do have a limited food menu available which includes Beef Stew, A Vegetarian Curry, And A Chicken Cassorole. We also have Sausages and Toasted Sandwiches. Enough there to soak up the odd Jameson shot or 6 :smiling_imp:

Also the windows have been insured in anticipation of any typhoons or orange marches we might experience tomorrow night :wink:

Slainte,

Niall

I’ll see y’all there tonight. It’s about time I met some of you in person, after so many years of lurking, posting etc.

BTW, my wife accidentally called the place “Hell’s Chicken” last night, which I thought was somehow hilarious!

[quote=“Barman”]Evenin’ all,

Looking forward to seein’ all you Gobshites tomorrow night!

We do have a limited food menu available which includes Beef Stew, A Vegetarian Curry, And A Chicken Cassorole. We also have Sausages and Toasted Sandwiches. Enough there to soak up the odd Jameson shot or 6 :smiling_imp:

Also the windows have been insured in anticipation of any typhoons or orange marches we might experience tomorrow night :wink:

Slainte,

Niall[/quote]

Just as well you capitalised Gobshites, or I would have been quite insulted.

Do they let just ANYBODY go to these gigs?

I’m guessing security is pretty tight, eh?

I mean, I don’t have a Forumosa card to show at the door.

How could I prove who I am? :neutral:

[quote=“zender”]Do they let just ANYBODY go to these gigs?

I’m guessing security is pretty tight, eh?

I mean, I don’t have a Forumosa card to show at the door.

How could I prove who I am? :neutral:[/quote]

Just use the code word - “Gobshites”