Forumosa Happy Hour at Carnegies, Thursday July 13th!

You are being means tested. Anyway, it’s Crazy Hour now but if you insist on paying more…

Bob

[quote=“belgian pie”][quote=“TpeBob”][quote=“BroonAle”]Can I come? What is the nearest MRT? Is there a cover? Can I take pictures?

BroonAsks[/quote]

No. Except for the MRT question to which the answer is a resounding “yes”.

Thanks for your understanding. … (snip)

Thanks.

Bob[/quote]

Bob doesn’t know the answer to that … :smiley:[/quote]

:blush: It’s Loo…something…

liuzhangli

station after technology station on the brown(muzha) line

Come out of the station and walk to your left, cross keelung, cross hoping(with the mrt above), walk left on hoping along the mrt until you meet anhe. cross anhe and turn right down anhe. walk. Then you’re there. And I’m there, and we’re all shitfaced druuuuuunk!

Well, not yet. But soon. Ta ta.

I would come but I just remembered, I don’t want to.

Well, OK, if Lupi is going to be there maybe…

[quote=“lupillus”]And I’m there[/quote]I’m there and I can’t see you. I can’t find Bob either.

Feldschloeschen, Calanda, Eppes, Aigle, Mont sur Rolle, Malanser Riesling-Sylvaner, Zuger Kirsch Raclette, Bratwurst, Hirschwurst, Maraner Mutschli, Merinque with Double Cream and wild strawberries with chocolate Ice Cream, trust you can understand I give today’s HH a miss.

Erm. What aboot those VIP card thingys. You know, the kind I forgot to bring with me today… :blush:
Not that it matters, as I’m sure I can get some sucker … er … kind philanthropist … to pay my tab for me as per usual.

Great night folks. Had an awesome fish and chips and a long schmooze with Bob.

Can’t beat that. :slight_smile:

Ok, for anyone who is thinking about going to one of these but hasn’t yet made it. I went to my first Taipei HH last night… I sat in a corner and had some food, got my sticker (offered by the staff when I claimed my discount) and watched proceedings.

Initially disappointed by the turn out but I didn’t get there until 9, and of course all the cheapos left at 7 when the drinks went up from $90 to $100… :laughing:

After a while (once I was stuffed with Steak and Kidney pie) I introduced myself to the nearest group which was composed of Tycoon and the Chief (but I found out it was Chief later 'cos he told me his real name). They were nice guys but after a while [edit] the poster formelry known as Tash came and rescued us all (she is twice as stunning as I had imagined) and took us to meet everyone else.

All in all I had a great evening. Drank too much (as usual) but met some lovely people. Biggest discovery of the evening was that Tom Hill does not have a perm (I was shocked) and that Imaniou looks nothing like her Avatar despite a post yesterday assuring everyone that she looked exactly like it.

So in summary I had a great time, and highly reccomend this to anyone else who is thinking about it.

I’m glad you had a good time EA. Carnegies is the best HH location as far as I’m concerned. Great food,music and atmosphere. We should get in the habit of wearing nametags though, as newbies would probably feel more at ease knowing that they actually know these strangers.

:slight_smile:

JD, if I had been more organised I had intended to make myself a name tag, something cheap and ironic…but I didn’t get around to it. Maybe next time.

Good to meet you too Edgar. Thanks very much for the 2 rounds of drinks too…very kind - although “de dah dah dedah dah dah…TEQUILA!!!” is still hurting.

Hey I did everyone a favour with Tequila…it is the lowest calorie alcoholoc drink …as far as I know. :laughing:

sooooooo…where are the pictures? :smiling_imp:

lupillus…no fair!!!

But…but…but…you’re so preeeeeetty! :stuck_out_tongue:

We simply adore you and wish to admire your beau…manliness. uh yeah! :heart:

OH my GOSH!! I just had to use a different user name to get on here! I must have registered here years ago and not touched it so it won’t let me use the same username again (guessing).

It was great meeting you guys (and girls). I felt very welcome as a newbie. :slight_smile:

Hey John

Was glad you were there, good not to be the only new guy :laughing:

Edgar Allen, ac, tycoon, nice to meet so many people for the first time, even though it was a remarkably quiet happy hour. Also nice to help the musclebound Samoan to smoke a cigarette through his belly button.
Lots of lovely belly buttons last night. Which was nice.