Forumosa Happy Hour at Tone 56, Thursday, October 9 at 8!

A new place for us to check out, and it’s right on the MRT! Forumosa’s October Happy Hour will be held on Thursday, October 9 at 8:00, at Tone 56 Live Bar!

In addition to what I hear is a pretty damn good menu, bosses Rob and Greg are offering the following drink specials to Forumosans:
Carlsberg bottles NT$99
San Miguel draft 15oz NT$99
Jim Beam and coke NT$99
Their usual Thursday night theme is Retro night with music from the 70s and 80s and around 9:30 they have disco dancers who “entertain and interact” with the customers. (Don’t ask me, I have no idea, but in my imagination, they look like this) :howyoudoin:

Tone 56 is located at 56 Minquan East Road, Section 3, near the corner of Fuxing N Rd and Minquan E Rd. Look for the big musical archway out front.

So which MRT stop is that?

Zhongshan Middle School

Ooh, there’s actually a small chance I’ll be able to make it to this one, with Fri being a holiday and all. I’ll see what happens.

I’ll be there with bells on! You’ll recognize me…I’ll be the only one wearing bells.

Zhongshan Middle School[/quote]
Come out of Zhongshan Middle School MRT station (on the Muzha Line), turn left up Fuxing North Road and walk past the Sanmin Bookstore to the junction with Minquan East Road. Turn left and walk a few dozen meters. It will be on your left just after the Cooperative Bank. Walking distance from the MRT station is about 100 meters, with no need to cross any big roads.

Alternatively, from Minquan West Road MRT station on the Danshui Line, take any bus headed for Taipei Songshan Airport, Neihu or Nangang and get off at Minquan/Fuxing. The 63 turns the corner and sets you down at the Zhongshan Middle School MRT bus stop, just in front ot the Sanmin Bookstore. The bus ride from Minquan West Road MRT takes about 10 minutes.

Get more details in the Tone 56 Live Bar thread.

I’ll be there! It will be splendiferous to meet some of you.

Should I wear my bulletproof jacket?

[quote=“mike_rophonechecker”]I’ll be there! It will be splendiferous to meet some of you
Should I wear my bulletproof jacket?[/quote]

Mike…not sure if we can answer that question about the bulletproof jacket unless you can tell us why you possibly might need to wear such apparel.

Rob and Greg

[quote=“Tone 56 Live Bar”][quote=“mike_rophonechecker”]I’ll be there! It will be splendiferous to meet some of you

Mike…not sure if we can answer that question about the bulletproof jacket unless you can tell us why you possibly might need to wear such apparel.

Rob and Greg[/quote]

mike_rophonechecker’s eloquence and clear thinking have been driving Sandman into a jealous rage.

[quote=“Chaon”][quote=“Tone 56 Live Bar”][quote=“mike_rophonechecker”]I’ll be there! It will be splendiferous to meet some of you

Rob and Greg[/quote]

mike_rophonechecker’s eloquence and clear thinking have been driving Sandman into a jealous rage.[/quote]
But I haven’t got a gun. And anyway, I like his posts. He’s funny, smart and quick-witted. Completely wrong nearly all the time, and he tries to OPPRESS me! but still, you can’t have everything I don’t suppose.

Everyone on this board is completely wrong nearly all the time, with the notable exception of Big Fluffy Matthew. I think he is probably the Norse god Njörðr, who only posts here because things are dull in Valhalla.

Being wrong all the time is easy and interesting.

And since that statement must necessarily be wrong, we may infer that being wrong all the time is sometimes difficult and boring.

What goes on at Happy Hours? Will there be cool stuff like robots and Bughouse and Indian Leg Wrestling?

And since that statement must necessarily be wrong, we may infer that being wrong all the time is sometimes difficult and boring.

What goes on at Happy Hours? Will there be cool stuff like robots and Bughouse and Indian Leg Wrestling?[/quote]

No, being wrong all the time is always easy and interesting. I can’t tell you what goes on at happy hour because I never go to the goddamned things. This happy hour might be an exception in that I could show up for five minutes at 9:30. Long enough to check out the entertainment but not so long as that I might be asked to “pay” for anything.

Jeez louise, if you’re that skint, I’ll buy you a beer. You might have to wait until 10:00, though, because I won’t get there much before that.

Just kidding maoman. I’ll try to come and I’ll bring pocketfulls of money.

Can we get a roll call on who is going to be there?

Not I.

Hmm… I thought I might make it until I read:

[quote=“Maoman”] around 9:30 they have disco dancers who “entertain and interact” with the customers.[/quote]Sounds like it might be an evening best left to the guys. I’ll try for next month.
Have fun! :wink:

Bummer.

Bummer.[/quote]
Not at all. I’m actually straight. But I work until 11pm on Thursdays.