Forumosa Happy Hour Poll

If Forumosa Happy Hour was held on a Friday night, would you be any more likely to go?

• more likely
  • less likely
  • would/wouldn’t go either way

0 voters

Sorry, for the double post but I lost my poll.

If Forumosa Happy Hour was held on a Friday night, would you be any more likely to go? Having a family makes it difficult to come during the week for me, and as much as I would love to go again, I’d struggle.

What’s stopping us from organizing an additional weekend or Friday happy hour? Or a happy hour outside of Taipei (like in Douglas Habecker’s house, or in Kaohsiong)? Does it need a blessing from the powers that be?

I would love Fridays, not so much due to family obligations, more a matter of not having to work with a slight hangover.

Er, is Douglas Habecker a member of Forumosa? He might have one or two objections to a bunch of strangers appearing to booze it up at his house!

I must admit I’m with Amos, though. I rarely go to happy hours, precisely because they’re mid-week. I would go far more often if they were on a Friday, and I’d get far more happy, too, knowing I didn’t have work the next morning.

On the other hand I think that some people like to have other plans on a Friday night, so would be less likely to come. I plan to start working 8AM on Saturdays again, so mid-week is actually better for me.

Brian

Hey, one in Taichung would have me there.

In Taipei, it’s never going to happen.

I know, never say never

I thought the point was that it would be on a set day of each month so people who work on x day would be able to go at one point of another. The last one was on a virtual Friday since it was held the day before Double Ten Day, but has it ever been on a Friday? I can’t remember.

ImaniOU wrote [quote]The last one was on a virtual Friday since it was held the day before Double Ten Day, but has it ever been on a Friday? I can’t remember.[/quote]Was there any significant attendance difference of members attending that Friday double 10 gig, compared to the normal wednesday/thursday shows?

I’ve been to 5 of the 6 happy hours. 2 were on virtual Fridays and they seemed to have about the same number of people. More stayed later though.

Brian

How about … a Friday night :beer:

Amen brother, I see your hand!

Apparently, many bars don’t like to host a HH on a fri or sat night as they have a decent crowd anyway so fitting in a large group can be troublesome. Also, many places fire up live music and/or a DJ so it then gets a bit hard to have a conversation on things mosa.

I could do some fridays, as my saturday schedule varies.

But middle o’ the week? never. :frowning:

Somebody mentioned getting a boom box, a couple of guitars, a pair of bongos, a dozen cases of beer and setting up under the stars somewhere on a SATURDAY night.

Don’t forget the rizlas. For heaven’s sake, won’t someone please remember the rizlas.

Don’t forget the rizlas. For heaven’s sake, won’t someone please remember the rizlas.[/quote]
:bravo:
or zigzag.

Let me ask you something, who is up for getting together over at JB’s on Friday, April 29? If enough of us confirm our willingness to attend, they might just offer a special price or drink for whomever can make it.

This was mentioned before with regard to AlleyCats, if I recall. That is a point though, most bars are likely to be busy on Fridays hence the difficluty in hosting Happy Hours on Fridays. Unless we find a bar that is willing to forgo regular custom, or is generaly not busy on a Friday then its not going to happen.
This takes me to my suggestion in the Happy Hour venue thread. There are two bars that spring to mind. Malibu East (on Ren Ai and Dun Hua) and Malibu West (Lin Sen N Rd near the Imperial Hotel). Both bars are large enough, are well laid out, have pool tables, and good food and service. Both bars have been around for a while hence their fall from favour but are still very good places to go.

Don’t forget the rizlas. For heaven’s sake, won’t someone please remember the rizlas.[/quote]
:bravo:
or zigzag.[/quote]

This party is sounding better all the time.

So we go to some less popular places.

Does this mean you’ll all be coming to Tainan? :beer:

…its a joke…relax…