Forumosa - help or hindrance to "real life"?

Embryo, I think. Back to the womb and all that etc

Get literate on they arses, chiefolio.

baba, you should meet us in real life. Ugh.

Or is he talking about the preferred cooking method for a lovely pork [strike]tenderloin[/strike] loin, marinated in a fetching calamanci-dill vinaigrette, stuffed with wild rice, button mushrooms, and tenderized chicken livers, and dredged in a peppered 50/50 mix of parmesan and white cornmeal??

I’m quite affronted. :bluemad: PM yourself immediately in contrition.

Christ on a jiaotache, SEE WHAT I MEAN? Recipe trading, mama mia.

Real Life is enough of a hindrance for me.

Two and half hours and already I’m back and wanting to respond to EVERYBODY because I lurve you all. Won’t do it though. In the wto hours I was gone I almost learned how to add subtitles to youtube videos and found this

:raspberry:

Learning Chinese; help or hindrance to ‘real life’? (I sure wish I could trade in that time)

If something you do that is stimulating, fulfilling or you just plain like doing it then it shouldn’t be considered a waste of time regardless of whether it’s in the virtual world or not. The problem arises when you do things because they feel safe and routine and can’t seem to break out of that. I think that happens to all of us.

I have to admit that I’ve felt I have spent a considerable amount of time posting on this site and my posts are a mere 200 something when most of you are in the thousands! I don’t know how you do it. I probably enjoy reading (lurking) a lot more though since I assume listening is usually better than talking if I’m not too familiar with the topic. Then when I do post someone like b----- c-- comes along and accuses me of being lurker when I’ve been here posting for four years! So I can empathize a bit with the cliquey-ness that the OP is expressing. I love the sense of community despite that and forumosa has provided me with loads of help even if my 嘴巴 can be a little 賤 at times. I have yet to go to a HH not because I don’t want to, but because they’re always on Thursday! I would have loved to meet some of you, but alas, I’m moving back to the states in August for grad school and I may never get that chance.

Don’t take it to heart, lurk-boy. Buttercup’s a fairly recent incarnation. A smurf of two former user names. Been around ages, but a fair few years after I arrived, so was never any practical use to me, but I met a handful of good people. The ‘clique’ is all in people’s minds. There are groups of friends, that’s all. No closed gangs.

Try and make it to Happy Hour before you go! They are pretty awful, and always in shitey furriner bars, but if you tell people you’re going, it’s a good way to get all yer flob pals together, in a school disco with no girls sort of a way. Turn up before ten at your peril. Eat beforehand so you aren’t caught short and end up ordering food. Talk to Juba, Taffy, or Bubba 2 Guns. Don’t let Lupillus talk you into anything. Wear a sticker with your screen name on it.

Good luck at grad school. To the next stage!

:laughing: :laughing: Makes me want to go to the next one…school disco way??? no girls AND no dancing :laughing: