Forumosa - help or hindrance to "real life"?

He’s actually a real person?! I thought he was a computer program or something … like “The Architect” or “Oracle” from the Matrix … :noway:

:laughing: That’s how I got hooked!!!

Nice thread, interesting!

I should be getting a stipend. Or at least a pension.

Nonsense. You’re not funny in the least.

Nonsense. You’re not funny in the least.[/quote]
Well, you can just take a ride on my baloney pony.
See? Proved you wrong!
Anyway, what you doing buggering about here? Shouldn’t you be busy sending yourself contrite PMs?

2.63% of content. Of course, if you big that up by how many people actually read your 2.63%, you should certainly be getting cheques in the post.

[quote=“sandman”]
Anyway, what you doing buggering about here? Shouldn’t you be busy sending yourself contrite PMs?[/quote]
Contrition is overrated. Forgetfulness is far more satisfactory. You lot are really boring tonight.

snadman rocks more than jimipresley.

well i pity someone that thinks this Forum is so important that you actually have to announce … THIS IS MY LAST POST!!! But I will come back and read what you guys are writing…so…what’s your point?

and what is this social life you’re going to have now that you are leaving. Are you going to meet up with a buddy after work and chat about something that popped into your head? You must live in Kuting. Most of us are so dead tired when we get home at night we don’t feel like missioning out to see people. And what is the difference between posting online or talking over the phone with someone.

There isn’t a lot of people I know here that I see as the same kinds of friends I have back home. There is, in fact not a single person I am close with. Same for this site. But I do spend the majority of my time speaking very basic English to people i have almost nothing in common with…and I’ve been doing it for 9 years. I need some interaction on a daily basis with people over 20 just to keep me from going nuts.(Or to show me that I have gone nuts)

To answer the OP, most definitely a hindrance, which is why everyone joins.

I guess.

A 5 year old thread resurrected…Must be some kind of record.

What rock did you dig this out from under anyway? the guy by now probably has no memory forumosa even exists.

oh, I didn’t even see that…let’s just say I took 5 years to unleash my wrath on someone who dare says he pities me…har har :whistle:

[quote=“MJB”]A 5 year old thread resurrected…Must be some kind of record.

What rock did you dig this out from under anyway? the guy by now probably has no memory forumosa even exists.[/quote]
Yes it’s an old thread and it was so interesting, some posters went on to do exactly what they said they wouldn’t. And it was funny…it’s not a record, I know recently a 6 year old thread was resurrected.

And the thread is still relevant, right?? help or hindrance?

I am sorry to announce that this will not be my last post.

Seriously though folks, you’d have to extend the discussion to the entire internet. Does it stop people communicating ‘naturally’? I think there’s probably an element of avoidance shown by people who spend too much time on the internet, but I don’t think it’s that serious an issue. I like to have forumosa on in the background whilst I do other work on the computer, like Loretta following a few posters who make me laugh and/or bewildered.

Just remember, Bubba. Ididn’tdoit don’t surf. And his toenail varnish probably doesn’t dry properly if he smells napalm in the morning.
Well, maybe he doesn’t wear nail polish, but he DID say he was going out with a poof.

There’s a conditioned response thing going on definitely. You click, you are rewarded (sometimes negatively).

And then there is the obsessive nature of any real writer. You think about what you want to say, how to say, how to say it better, how the guy you argued with last week is going to pounce on you if you make a slip…

If anybody doesn’t believe it’s an addiction, try to stop.

It’s an interesting addiction though, one that gives you chance to connect to other writers. The OP on this thread is one of the funniest writers I have EVER seen btw, sandman, buttercup, fred, much man, charlie jack, bababa, omaniou, ironlady, maoman… the list is endless.

Oh fuck it, seriously, I have things I NEED TO BE DOING but on the internet so it is too easy to pop back in here and get caught up in the embrolio.

I bet I can’t go five hours…

really? he’s got 40 posts.

eh bob?

The wonder of the internet is that you can also do other things at the same time or even instead of using the internet.

And saying it decreases the need for human contact like it’s a bad thing? Have you spoken to any of those hoomins lately? Very hit and miss affair. Most are evil depressing tards. They sit on your psychic jugular, and suck out your life force like ticks on a stray dog.

[quote=“bob”] sandman, buttercup, fred, much man, charlie jack, bababa, omaniou, ironlady, maoman…
[/quote]
Nice company. Thanks.

[quote=“bob”]There’s a conditioned response thing going on definitely. You click, you are rewarded (sometimes negatively).

Oh fuck it, seriously, I have things I need TO BE DOING but on the internet so it is too easy to pop back in here and get caught up in the embrolio…[/quote]

Embrolio???
:roflmao:
Did you mean imbroglio or umbrella??