Forumosa NFL Pick'em contest

I gotta admit I haven’t paid too much attention to NFL this year and has been picking when I receive the timely weekly e-mail to remind me to :slightly_frowning_face:.

1 Like

Yeah, if I don’t remember on Friday then I just don’t do my picks. There was never any risk of me winning it.

Nice to see that Vegas has finally released a betting line for Bengals-Ravens. This after the Ravens refused to name their starter at QB until yesterday when they announced the starter will be Lamar Jackson. Of course that would not preclude Flacco replacing Jackson any time if deemed necessary. (It seems somewhat likely that John Harbaugh is pulling some injury-report shenanigans coming off Baltimore’s bye week; Flacco was seen walking without limp and without crutches earlier this week in the Ravens locker room.)

Fucking Ravens! :runaway:

@Liub takes the week 11 yellow cap with a pedestrian 8 wins, but getting the differentials right to the tune of 6.33 points. Don’t forget to get your picks in this week!

2 Likes

Before yesterday Pittsburgh was 174-0-1 when leading at home by 16 or more points at halftime. They’re now 174-1-1.

Can’t believe the Chargers made the comeback. Anybody else see the winning field goal? San Diego’s Badgley miss the first one, wide left. Steelers were offsides, try again. Blocked, but once again the Steelers were offsides. Third time was the charm, although again (!) the Steelers were offsides (penalty declined). In fact, the guy who jumped missed blocking the winning kick only because he leapt to block too soon; the winning field goal actually just missed his feet.

Kinda hard to believe that a visiting team outside the division won in Three Rivers in December. Amazing game.

@bojack makes a big move with a major 13/16 week for 21.5 points! @surrenr may be feeling the presssure finally.

This year I would pick the Rams or the Saints to win the trophy.

@bojack continues his hot picking and has now forged to the lead, with @surrenr falling back to second! These two have some separation from the rest of the field, the rest of us have our work cut out if we’re going to catch them.

I’ve been slacking lately. Must be the cold and snow here in NorthEast Ohio. man do these days make me miss living in Taoyuan.

:boom: @bojack widens his lead with an amazing 14/16 week! Who is he? If it were legal, I would hope he was banking some coin on these picks. @surrenr is keeping pace… should be between these two for the final.

1 Like

@surrenr tightens the gap in the last regular season week going 13/16, it’s going to be a tight finish. Points awarded go up in playoff games, don’t forget to get your picks in.

Wow, thanks for the reminder. I didn’t realize this will go through the Super Bowl. (I assume it will?)

Had it in my head that we were done after week 17.

Yeah, there are playoff rounds till the SB! The points gradually go up, I think the SB will be for 3 points.

1 Like

Surrenr takes the yellow cap going 3/4 on a tough weekend, and edges into the lead. 3 rounds to go

I just made my picks for the next week.

no time like the present

A predictable week. Bojack takes the yellow cap, but Surrenr maintains his small lead.

Corrected picksheet. Final game of the day is NE @ KC.

Week%20020%20Picksheet%20(Conf%20Champ)%20corrected

Go Kansas City!
Go LA Rams!

Kickoff at Arrowhead is just hours away. As I write this the temp in KCMO is -12, should warm up some by kickoff.

I think Roger Goodell will probably kill the game if he continues on much longer as commish, but I have to give credit to the NFL for its central planning. There is an excellent case to be made for each of the 4 remaining teams in this weekend’s 2 conference championship games.

33: Touchdown passes by Patrick Mahomes to open receivers this season. That was 11 more than the next-closest quarterback [in all of the NFL].

88.8: Team run-blocking grade earned by the Patriots against the Chargers last week. Trent Brown led the way with a 90.1 run blocking grade in the Patriots’ dominant performance. The Chiefs put up a 57.7 run-defense grade in the divisional round, carrying over their suspect run defense from the regular season, when they ranked 31st at 59.3.

120: Yards gained by Rams running backs before contact against the Cowboys last week. They averaged a ridiculous 2.55 yards before contact per carry. If the Rams can fire off the ball and block defenders that well again in New Orleans, their running game will succeed.

10: Drops in Michael Thomas’s career, on 358 catchable passes, including the postseason. Thomas has firmly planted himself in the conversation for the league’s best wide receiver as well as the best in contested situations. His 19 contested catches were the fourth most in the NFL.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/17/stats-know-ahead-nfls-conference-championship-games/?utm_term=.f43a6b821dfb

2 Likes