Forumosa Oct. Happy Hour at the Post Home, Friday the 13th!

I tried to get my 80NT beer, but then was told it was 140NT because I missed the happy hour time (I don’t remember seeing that in the small print.) Then I got a 220NT draft. :frowning:

I don’t mind paying too much for beer (that’s what bars are for,) but I do mind paying to much for beer when I go to a place thinking it’ll be one price and it turns out it’s another. I bothered me enough to bugger off to my usual Friday night location.[/quote]
MTK, thanks for letting me know. In the future, if there is a problem with getting your drink at Happy Hour prices, let me know right away - it’s my job to make sure these things go smoothly. Next Happy Hour, let me buy you a beer! :sunglasses:

I had a lot of problems buying Champagne. :smiley:

Yep, I also paid full price for the beer after the first time. That’s why I asked you about the prices later, M. And the music was absolutely terrible. But I had a good time chatting with everybody, even though I thought we would have a bit more of a wilder party.
Taipei sure is running out of some good party places. What could we do to get the '80’s back?

I had a fun time, got to talk to lots of cool people and the Mexican Plate wasn’t that bad.
I wasn’t a fan of the music either and spent most of the time outside.
At first I thought that it sucked that the location was up in Tienmu, but it’s really very close to the MRT.
I still had to leave earlier than I wanted to, to catch the last ride back into Taipei though.

hi guys,

mom and i had the mexican plate (with the chicken) and quite liked it. i also thought the music was decent, though a bit loud.

it was a bit uncomfortable for us to be there, but we appreciate the kindness of strangers who are now our friends.

your donations are also greatly appreciated as mark and his family have a long haul ahead. together you raised just under 21,000 nt. it has already been put into the bank. thank you.

peace.
rachel

I liked the Mexican plate. Took a while to come, the waitress kept trying to steal my beer, and I was overcharged… but I liked that much. Missed the music, thankfully. Why does nearly every venue drown out everything with blaring, bad music?

Nice to put a face to MaKe’s mom and sister.

The ‘pixie’ too, enjoyed herself.
jdsmith–funny that you named her that. First I met her, I described her as a ‘dark little elf.’ :slight_smile:

The music wasn’t bad at all. It was just way too loud. Most people ended up out on the front patio because of it. From the patio the music was quite nice.

The Mexican Plate was not bad either and it arrived quickly in my case, though that was fairly early in the evening. I also didn’t know they had more than those two choices available and know at least one person went without food because neither of the specials was vegetarian.

OK, I finally worked out how to connect the camera to the laptop and get the pictures off…I know not rocket science. Anyway the pics look ok, but some of the subjects look very suspect. I’ll try and get them online tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

I think this works, if not perhaps someone will PM me with instructions on what to do. The photos are all in Flickr.

flickr.com/photos/89297330@N … 336272719/

Apologies to anyone who does not look beautiful enough, I just stuck them all up. Again if you are unhappy PM me and I will take you off.

serious red eye

i rike it a rot

[quote=“jdsmith”]serious red eye

i rike it a rot[/quote]

maybe it’s cause we were all kitten as cats.

[quote]We slip through the streets
While everyone sleeps
Getting bigger and sleeker
And wider and brighter[/quote]

thanks for the pics Edgar Allen _ _ _. I enjoyed my one bite and my hidden stash.

Edgar Allen’s much bigger than me, even though he does wear makeup, so I probably shouldn’t say this, but damn! Doesn’t he look like the inspiration for some of the Aardman models?
Go on, Edgar Allen, say this:
“Ooh, that’s a lovely piece of Wensleydale, Grommit.”

[quote]I think this works, if not perhaps someone will PM me with instructions on what to do. The photos are all in Flickr.

flickr.com/photos/89297330@N … 336272719/

[/quote]

Only 14 photos? I though there would be a lot more with the hours the event lasted, or you were just too drunk to hold the camera straight? :smiley: I guess you managed to bring the camera home all right :wink:

Hmm, I think other people took most of the photos!

You know the red eye’s bad when I, a very dark brown-eyed person, have red eye. Yikes! :smiling_imp:

I was not extremely happy with the venue. I wonder if everyone’s bill was labeled by physical descriptions or if my bill being distinguished by “hei ren” was an exception. Or them trying to charge me for my drink three times. Once when I went to pay and had told them I was a moderator, once when I was talking to other forumosans, and a third time as I was walking out.

And no offense to their entertainment, but they were the main reason why everyone was hanging out on the patio. We got tired of screaming out our conversations.

It has earned the ImaniOU Stinky Face of Disapproval

:stinkyface:

I think the bar staff just need some way to remember which customer is which. My bill probably said “honky with a beard”.