Forumosa political standing test

Plus there are some crucial differences between younger vs older people who may seem to have similar political views on a surface level but differ in more subtle ways that the quiz just doesn’t gauge.

Probably asking too much of a simple online quiz.

1 Like

I bet most people would broadly agree with their label though.

2 Likes

Most people would probably say “Okay, yeah, but…”

Hence, broadly

Yeah, well, there’s kind of an inherent problem with labels, isn’t there??

ETA: I think there’s much more value in the actual depiction of the four sliders than the final label part

I found it interesting, but the “closest match” seems kind of random…
I only saw one other “Liberalism” result here, but our results are in opposite directions in “Economic” and “Diplomatic” axis… :idunno:

On the other hand, my results were much more similar to @tando one’s, but the “closest match” still different… :idunno: :idunno:

1 Like

That’s true. Things like this are just too liquid for specific labels.

Anyways, as always…

Thanks for always being yourself, sweet rabbit.

1 Like

You are too centrist on economic axis to be “social”.

damn, i just noticed that i didn’t include my position in the screenshot, and i don’t remember what it was. feelsbadman

Take it again. You might find out that the results are not deterministic…

And perhaps not progressive enough to be a Liberal.

I did it again and got nearly the same result, it labeled me as a neocon -___-’ i’m far from being a neocon, so I guess the problem may be the liberty/authority slider in which i score above 50% while in reality i lean much closer to liberty.

Same sex marriage should be allowed -> strongly agree
No authority should be left unquestioned -> strongly agree

“You’re an authoritarian” > well fuck you too, test!

2 Likes

h7OERnQ

3 Likes

There’s some of that in there. But there’s also some of this:

Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord - Wikipedia

1 Like

centrist

I think this means that I’m wishy-washy.

2 Likes

My readings were virtually identical albeit slightly more pro-market in the first axis. It is why I was labelled neo-liberal rather than centrist.

I got very similar numbers to ChewDawg (61, 49, 54, 55). Since my political views are quite different to his, I reckon it’s not a very useful test :slight_smile:

I ended up answering “unsure” to a lot of the questions because they either didn’t make any sense to me, presented a false dichotomy, or attempted to boil down some complicated issue into a simplistic yes/no response.

3 Likes

I am more establishment/centrist than you think. I like to provoke and be contrarian, but also realize change is often best made from within.