Forumosa poster base too narrow?

You would expect with a couple of dozen under 30s on here that some threads would be far more active. E.g. the crypto thread

Possibly an issue is there are many threads on the same topic. But this is hard to avoid in practice

1 Like

this is completely wrong.

Would we need more than a few mods to keep up? Perhaps more like a mod army…

1 Like

An AI Tempogain mod army…Chills going down my spine.

1 Like

I have my doubts too. What do the immigration stats tell us?

1 Like

428240 on ARC in 2006
794974 on ARC in 2019

Missionary, technician, inactive person, under 15 are fewer in 2019 than in 2006, but engineers, traders, teachers, foreign labors, others, unemployed are increased.

2 Likes

It’s not Forumosa’s fault.

As a crypto enthusiast I can tell you that Taiwan Facebook crypto groups in English are much worse, few posts, poor analysis , same two or three people !

1 Like

When do we get our own tv station. I propose a banana peel for the logo.

Need to separate out the 外勞 to get realistic picture

Not enough detail. The immigration website has the database with up to date figures (for country of origin and residence ) somebody post a link to please !

A number I remember is there are around 670k wailao in Taiwan .

Details matter.

1 Like

wow that number of wailao is staggering…

Take out the wailao and maids there’s only 125k people on ARC. Very small numbers given the size of the population.

on Arc
143741 in 2019
121822 in 2006

3 Likes

Does seem to be too much politics and maybe not enough relaxing stuff. Or is the relaxing stuff bitching about scooters and Taiwanese “friendliness”. Maybe everything that can be said has been said.

Possibly time to take up hobbies and activities and actively participate in specific threads/groups only.

Maybe a temp dialogue box for people who just want to socialize and shoot the breeze …

Maybe I should stop talking crap. Maybe that would entice other users

1 Like

Seems like most of the registered members are lurkers. I think a lot of people feel like they don’t have anything useful to contribute (I’m sure they do), or are just afraid of saying something stupid. Never stopped any of us regular posters. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

There used to be WAY more Taiwan politics.

To be honest I would say the IP forum is a massive turnoff for most people . I urge Gus to have a look at that, right now it’s just American culture wars on there. Relevant to Taiwan ? It appears on latest active threads a lot , not a good look, also very spammy content. Half of those posters aren’t even in Taiwan and they just use it to vent their politics in a safe space for them

6 Likes

This.

I simply adjusted to settings to ignore this forum, which really is not helpful for those of us living in Taiwan.

Guy

3 Likes

Most people get here when they have some issues/questions about visa/work/marriage and do a Google search. Many leave after their issues have been resolved.

5 Likes

That’s the only part of the forum I consciously try to stay away.

3 Likes

But then your lose the “Funny Political Pictures” too!

1 Like