Forumosa poster base too narrow?

Some of them are busy getting organized to try to change an unjust system in Taiwan. Example: this demonstration held this past Sunday:

Better things to do than moaning about this and that on forumosa. : P

Guy

7 Likes

I thought this Forum was left leaning, dam I must be extreme.

1 Like

Are you going?

Hmm, I suppose. But you don’t want to be emulating bad tones and accents.

no, you’re right, because most men put their wallets in right-backpocket

2 Likes

The event was yesterday.

Besides, I’m busy posting on forumosa! : P

Guy

1 Like

True dat. The childish humour and simple topics make it easier to understand too.

Well this forum is free to join and post and there is a lot of useful information on here. There are roughly a few kind of members going by numbers I would guess

1. Lurkers
  2. topic starters
  3. interesting reply posters
  4. disagree with anything you say posters
  5. constant haters
  6. occasional haters
3 Likes
  1. 1575869527011
3 Likes

Most of them speak it very well. A couple of them don’t even have any accent.

1 Like

You must have low standards for your own language. A few are not bad…most are crap.

It’s a good thing they are upturning the stereotype that every foreigner is a clueless idiot who cannot read or speak a word of Chinese.

well said

Yep

2 Likes

Joe, Joey, Joseph.:grin:

well sadly for some tommy525 has stayed behind…

1 Like

Tommy…well, Tommy’s cat anyway…is always welcome here.

1 Like

I definitely agree it can be a turnoff: how many lurkers see that and think “Oh crap, more of the same stuff that already fills my life.” I wonder if there should be a sticky at the top of IP, “How to mute this forum so you never see these threads again” - or perhaps default it to not appear in the normal view? I don’t think the forum should be removed (didn’t Taiwanease do that?), but I’m certainly glad the muting functions have improved.

As for the narrow poster base: assuming that’s true, I dunno, isn’t that on us? If you want more posters, persuade more people you know in “real life” to sign up.

2 Likes

Just default it to the bottom or something.
Those threads , often two or three posts from you know who, all appearing at the top of 'active threads ’ , looks bad man.

3 Likes

That’s a bit cruel, isn’t it?

2 Likes