Forumosa poster base too narrow?

I know a fair few on the verge of divorce.

2 Likes

Agree. In fact, the powers that be seem to go out of the way to treat females with uber-special consideration. I don’t know what more Forumosa could do to attract new females, frankly. Offer cash prizes? :thinking:

Maybe identifying us cranky, old white guys and ceremoniously and loudly kicking us off the f.com island, possibly strung out over many days to amplify the change, would help. Possibly. Even that’s no guarantee, seems to me.

eh, no.

6 Likes

I don’t see any mods bending rule a for female posters. But I do notice posters do treat females posters better.

1 Like

No most of them speak it very well. They understand everything, they sound clear, and they can read.

I’m glad you added that last sentence. I absolve you

Most have bad tones and accents.

Taiwanese men are attractive. There are enough who are not mama’s boys and self sufficient, which is the largest complaint, to warrant love and attention. I wouldn’t marry a local because of the way laws are written not exactly leading to harmonious cohabitation and egalitarian partnership. And Friggin medieval family attitudes that still prevail, which is rich coming from a Latina, but then, I did not travel around the globe to jump into a different fire.

1 Like

Unless that fire somehow magically included . . .

Guy

4 Likes

(Insert snarky gif):joy:

1 Like

Not as hot as Korean guys but still hot.

Izzy wrote:

i think the situation is that there are FEWER foreigners and expats, not just few.
when i joined forumosa almost 13 years ago it had more posters, and Taiwan had more foreigners, today there are less foreigners (even many of our long term posters no longer reside in Taiwan) any many of the posts become useless crap once the old timers start hijacking them to talk between themselves.
My biggest problem with forumosa is that many of the posts wander off topic so fast by the same group of people

I think one has to keep in mind that 13-15 years ago there was no public Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp or Line. Forums were the mode of communication and folks eventually met offline. I don’t know if it’s true there was more furrieners back then. If anything, I’d say more today because the idea of a Gap year or just interrupting your career path for a year or two isn’t as harmful as it used to be.

1 Like

and there was fewer information online, so maybe more people came here for word of mouth.

that might be the same group of people who post on-topic replies.

this function should be used more often?

2 Likes

It’s unreasonable to expect foreigners to not have any accent, not to mention racist. Aborigines have an accent too.

The attractive ones are but there aren’t many of those. Taiwanese women are in general much better-looking.

I see good-looking Taiwanese men pretty often at the gym. Most of them are gay. Some of them are still socially awkward nerds at heart who just so happened to get into lifting. The rest are self-obsessed jocks and manwhores. Or worse, ABTs.

Outside of the gym, most of the straights are 宅 as hell. God help them.

Throwing the gauntlet down

This is it

It’s now or never

Balls to the walls

I challenge all lurkers out there to sign up and give me your best shot.

If we get 5 signing in today…I have a surprise for you

1 Like

Don’t lurkers know that active users get to share all that juicy ad revenue? I thought it was a well known fact, many of us do it for a living.

(and that’s how you boost active user count)

1 Like

I think for Aborigines, it’s a choice. Well, at least for the young ones. They can easily switch back and forth between a Taipei accent and the colloquialisms, slang, and accent used when meeting other Aborigines.

For foreigners, most of us are trying to sound like a local but we can’t! Very different, I think.

We don’t just want any lurker. We want minorities such as women or Taiwanese people.

2 Likes

Actually, that reminds me…Aboriginal guys in Taiwan are reliably pretty hot!

2 Likes

When young. They go downhill very rapidly mainly due to lifestyle.

1 Like