Forumosa vs. Taiwaneasy, Forumosa then vs. now

I thought it used to be Merge’s signature on here.

It was. I forgot about signatures here. Christ, we got old :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope you’re doing well, old boy.

1 Like

I didn’t forget. :grin:
I’m well mate. Same as everyone else, some days great, some days not so much and absolutely no clue about what I’m doing on this planet.
Hope you are doing well, too.

Haven’t logged in in a bit. I’m thinking about coming back for a year pre PhD to pay off some debt.

3 Likes

“It’s been a while since we’ve seen SuchAFob — their last post was 8 years ago.”

There’s something oddly aesthetically-pleasing about a user returning after a long period away, like what made you remember to come back on here after eight years? Maybe it’s just me being odd. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m considering moving back for a year or two in a year or two. So I’m just poking around, seeing if it’s still the same thing.
I’m glad to see @anon38216271 still around. Adore that woman!

5 Likes

Welcome back @SuchAFob. And thank you right back at you!

1 Like

A nice sabbatical. :beach_umbrella:

Yeah sign me up too, only been back two weeks

Welcome back :slight_smile:

96 posts were split to a new topic: Taiwan then and now

here is a situation that we are expected to use a flag function.

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/kang-chiao-school-in-xindian/29120/153?u=tando

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/kang-chiao-school-in-xindian/29120/159?u=tando

@anon38216271 is a woman? Guessing learned something today

1 Like

Didn’t know that. Thanks.

1 Like

How is it going? Heading back like you headed back and SARS hit out of nowhere must have been a bit disheartening, I’d think. Hope you and yours are good and well.

jd

1 Like

I fear to think what you did think I was/am. :smirk::wink:

1 Like

真你妹的壞

Yeah all good thanks health-wise - i hate being back. People take their little lives way too seriously. It’s most likely my unfortunate circles but the self-importance and arrogance is bad. New/unknown people are unapproachable as you are instinctively considered a creep or some kind of threat so it’s not worth it. The sense of entitlement is boring. People do ridiculous things at work to try and achieve ‘glory’ and then lie to save face when it goes wrong. Also some guy got a huge promotion cos his dad plays golf with the head of the company.

It was ok up until last week when I decided I don’t care and going to live my own life but it’s turned quite isolating. I’ve been applying to jobs back in Taiwan and would go in a heartbeat kung flu or not, just bored of being here. I’m sure there is that shit in Taiwan too but at least there’s cycling/baseball and all that to be done outside of work and fun to be had and more opportunities. We’ve had storms for a solid month so doing recreational things has been impossible. Looking at Mandarin courses. Been learning things like 我操. Useful!

It’s a real drag being back, honestly. But maybe it’s just me.

I see their website is dead.

1 Like

Been dead. The forum came back briefly but was a bit off. Maoman (I assume) still holds one or more domains though a French company, but either they took it offline or lost the host.

1 Like

Icon is also a woman, BTW. Just in case.

3 Likes