Forumosa vs. Taiwaneasy, Forumosa then vs. now

Wonder what Maoman is doing these days. Taiwaneasy seems dead permanently. But there was never any funeral held for it.

@maoman does log in here from time to time. Ask him?

1 Like

I think he tried to revive it briefly. I saw one of the domains they used up for sale a while back, but the main domains are still registered through his French company. It looks like they gave bringing back the forums a shot, but they never got it running proper. It wasn’t even a secure connection, if they didn’t shut it down yet they probably should for safety until they can do it right.

He and @Poagao logged in at the start of this and said how awful it was and never came back. I agreed with them at the time. Then I found the ignore button and I’m fine.

1 Like

He’s in physically great shape.

1 Like

It’s a miracle!

The smallest things.

Taiwaneasy seems to persist as a presence on Facebook. If you can’t beat’em, join’em, I guess

Oops

Click the groups linked to that page. They sort-of exist there too, though they took the name Taiwaneasy out of most of them which makes it look like they’ve lost faith in the brand.

I’d say the vast majority of online forum start ups fail.

That site had a good run, but ultimately, the flob held its ground, maintained enough old timers and 2cd generation old timers, like myself, and expanded its base with enough n00bs to carry on.

props to @GooseEgg and the fine vineyard of mods and admin that kept shop.

5 Likes

:rofl:

I wasn’t joking. I’ve seen photos of the man on FB and he’s in great shape.

1 Like

I’ve seen the photos. So many photos. :wink:

There is a degree of overload, but there’s no denying the man is ripped.

I could get like that in 2-4 months due to fortunate genetics and a can do attitude.

They spread themselves too thin, trying to be too much at once relying on too many people and a forum too at a time when FB had become the place people went to talk.