Forumosa's Milestones

As of early this morning, Forumosa.com has more than 100,000 posts. :astonished: :slight_smile:

Thank you for bringing this up :slight_smile:

That would be MaPoDoFu’s post.
Or is it ? Considering some have been deleted. It’s not the 100,000th made. That would be this one. wouldn’t it ?
Best be on the safe side and celebrate both :smiley: hic

This is one case where 80/20 rule is not applicable (with 80% of the posts made by 20% of the posters). The ratio is probably much higher, something like 90/10 because of heavy posters like sandman and others as the top ten posters alone have over 20% of the posts.

sandman 3484
hexuan 2285
blueface666 2250
tigerman 2189
Rascal 1796
formosa 1758
Maoman 1752
wolf_reinhold 1588
Alleycat 1525
Hartzell 1513
Total 20,140

The top 100, which constitutes less than 3% of the registered users, have made almost 70,000 posts, or 70% of all posts.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]That would be MaPoDoFu’s post.
Or is it ? Considering some have been deleted. It’s not the 100,000th made. That would be this one. wouldn’t it ?
Best be on the safe side and celebrate both :smiley: hic[/quote]
Say wha??? I made the hundred thousandth post?? Woohoo! Do I get a free trip to Taipei and the key to the server room or anything?? :stuck_out_tongue:

If you are lucky, you get your life back.

The record for number of people on line here has increased again:

Also, Forumosa.com now has more than 140,000 posts – up 40,000 in just six months, giving an average of well over 200 posts per day during that period.

:notworthy:

With the 2nd highest number of posts Hexuan’s been quiet of late. Is he OK or just cutting back?

A new milestone (I think), 301 people logged in as members in the last 24 hours! Woo-hoo! That’s a party!
:rainbow: :heart: :scooby: :bouncy: :beer: :uhhuh: :thumbsup: :notworthy:

[quote=“Maoman”]A new milestone (I think), 301 people logged in as members in the last 24 hours! Woo-hoo! That’s a party!
:rainbow: :heart: :scooby: :bouncy: :beer: :uhhuh: :thumbsup: :notworthy:[/quote]

How many of them were acid_drop? :wink:

We’re now past 150,000 posts. That makes 10,000 posts in just one month. :astonished:

And 2964 registered users. Will there be a prize for number 3000, and when will it be?

Maoman regularly prunes the user base to reflect current/active users. Look at your Forumosa ID# – it’s 3803.

Maybe we should give a coveted Forumosa.com T-shirt to ID# 5000 or 8888 or something like that :slight_smile:

Maoman regularly prunes the user base to reflect current/active users. Look at your Forumosa ID# – it’s 3803.

Maybe we should give a coveted Forumosa.com T-shirt to ID# 5000 or 8888 or something like that :slight_smile:[/quote]

Scratch that idea – I just realized that I’m 5853!

Right now, we’re up to 7646 for people who have ever registered here :slight_smile:

You are 5853 and I’m3803!! Does that mean I joined before you did? Wow! Spooky.

I just checked now, and 323 were online in these past 24 hours :rainbow: :heart: :scooby: :bouncy: :beer: :uhhuh: :thumbsup: :notworthy:

More to the point, how many of the 100k plus posts are worth saving?
I’d guess that the bulk have never been looked at again since they went cold. Time to prune?

Don’t prune. Who knows? The Internet socio-linguistic historians of 2300 may find the inconsequential blatherings of expats on a message board endlessly fascinating. Once you hit delete they’ll be gone forever. DON’T DO IT!

You’re trolling. Or at least, you’ve got to be kidding. The posts of this forum – no matter how inane – are the crown jewels of a website that fancies itself as a “resource”

Some of my friends read this forum for the laughs of what “people like us” say when we are up, down, wasted or just plain lonely. And they come back to re-read them, too.

Plus, look at the stink people raise when their (truly inane) posts are clipped? And here you suggest that we remove parts of discussions because “we” decide they are not useful?

Spack’s got a stronger point: who would decide what stays and what goes? Who would presume to be the Grand Poobah of Forumosa, the Arbiter of What is “Worth it” for future generations?

You?

(OK, I’m awake now – you can stop pulling my leg)

Woohoo![quote=“A little voice in my head”]Most people ever online: 88 on 13 May 2004 15:17[/quote]

What a bunch of sad people, don’t you have anything else to do ?