Forumosa's server move - at last!

Maybe you should report it to the Repost Police. :smile:

1 Like

Silly question: are “unused” uploads sometimes deleted? If not, that might save a bit of space.

3 Likes

I do not think unused uploads are being deleted. I will check the settings if there is a function that could set a threshold date so that uploads in topics older than that date could be removed.

But I do not expect that to be the case. One of the features of these forums is its 24+ year history. Sure, much of it may no longer be relevant today - but you never know what people today or in the future might want to see. What I hope happens is we make older content that’s buried back there more accessible using topic specific landing pages. So I would not want currently unused graphics to be lost.

What we are doing is setting up a separate and less expensive disk space for uploads. Our tech admin is based in the US plus my personal schedule has been extra busy the past 2 weeks. So, there is a gap in our reaction times. This is why moving the uploads has been bumpy.

We are still in the midst of it. I hope things feel normal in a day or so

7 Likes

Yeah. Stuff like old pics of Taipei or seeing how Taiwan evolves should not be deleted

5 Likes