Forumosa's server move - at last!

Is this still happening?

Suggest backing up these details to an external, reliable site since any unforeseeable future outages would render this info inaccessible. One suggestion is Wikipedia Forumosa.com - ē»“åŸŗē™¾ē§‘ļ¼Œč‡Ŗē”±ēš„ē™¾ē§‘å…Ø书 which could also benefit from an update and, hmmmm, why not an English version?

1 Like

No.

To give you some context, it happened when lots of people where commenting on the earthquake thread. I was kicked out and had to login again. Then the message showed up until I closed the site and open again.

1 Like

@tempogain
Some advanced searches do not work anymore

e.g. in:unseen status:noreplies
https://tw.forumosa.com/search?expanded=true&q=in%3Aunseen%20status%3Anoreplies

here same search on other Discourse server
https://meta.discourse.org/search?expanded=true&q=in%3Aunseen%20status%3Anoreplies

1 Like

@GooseEgg

This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

There is automatic maintenance everyday at 11:30 AM which takes almost 10 minutes.
Can it be moved to 01:30 AM at night?

And what about the previous search issue?

2 Likes

I canā€™t imagine whatā€™s going on with the search, but I guess itā€™s not going to inconvenience anyone too much :slight_smile:

Weā€™re working on the maintenance

For search issues you should look into the error logs.
And post on Discourse forum for help.

1 Like

Did a whole bunch of pictures (mostly avatars) disappear for everyone in the last ~24h or just for me?

2 Likes

Everything has been normal for me all day 11 am to now. No missing avatars or uploaded pictures or anything.

yeah summink like that

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 23.10.42

2 Likes

A few hours ago I saw my avatar in the top right but not anywhere else. Now itā€™s the other way around. A few others are still missing though.

missing avatars

I still canā€™t see the photo in this post either, which is unlike the disappearances from old threads because itā€™s from 7 hours ago.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen some missing avatars too. I thought they just removed them

5 Likes

Hi folks - I am sorry about the confusion. We knew we would max out our server space again. Still working on the expansion. Give us a couple days to sort this out (it doesnā€™t actually take a this long - but Iā€™m booked with non-Forumosa-related stuff at the moment)

8 Likes

Probably because @papertowel changes his profile pic too often

3 Likes

Iā€™ve only ever had 2 avatars and this one Iā€™m sticking with because it suits my name. I think the main culprit is the pictures you dm to me of another memberā€™s mother.

2 Likes

I have pictures of all the mothers

3 Likes

This brandā€™s better. I know a family that uses them.

3 Likes

Iā€™m just amused you made this exact same post 2Ā½ years ago.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a picture, itā€™s a video.
These blank avatars remind me of NPC Wojak ā€¢āŽ³ā€¢