Frequent flyers Taipei-Paris, need advice

I need to fly Taipei - Paris next month. Any advice on airlines? Air France? Lufthansa?

hOw about EVA Air ?

Check out Turkish Airlines. They do have some good airfares. You’ll need to transit through Hong Kong as well as Istanbul however.

To get the idea and full effect of the Turkish Airlines flight, stick a red hot poker up your arse for approx. 20 Hours :popcorn: Approx the same level of comfort.
Only do a 2 stopper if finances mean you have to get the very cheapest. The risk of something going wrong is x3 !!. Eva may have some offers through travel agents and it’s direct TPE to CDG.I guess average Economy fair is 45 to 50k NT return, however, someone at Lion said they can be as low as 38k on offer.(probably 12 months notice !)
Good Luck.

Thanks for answering, everyone.
I was already leery of Turkish Airlines - apologies, fumarole!
I’d love to go EVA if I can find an affordable price. But in case I can’t, I am just wondering about what some of the less terrifying options are. I’ll try checking on EVA again through some agents, but as shiadoa mentioned, I’m probably too late for the special deals.

Taiwan to Europe a few possibles: (besides Ci and EVA on Taiwan)

You can also do : (with connecting flight from Taipei on possibly different carrier)

Cathay from Hongkong
Singapore Airlines from Singapore
Malaysian from Malaysia
Thai Airways from Thailand

There are European carriers into HongKong you can also try. They often have good prices. Ditto from Malaysia, Bangkok, Singapore.

Etihad or Emirates is aggressive as well , and these two have excellent reputations. Even Aeroflot is better then it used to be ?

I’ve only taken Turkish Airlines twice (to Istanbul and Athens and back to HK) but I thought that they were good value for money. I wouldn’t have mentioned them if I had never flown them or had a bad experience but, of course, to each his own.

Have you looked at flights on Google’s ITA Matrix? AF via Hong Kong is only 40K and some of the Chinese airlines offer fares just below 30K. If you can look past the lack of service and a long transit wait, China-based airlines are excellent value for money on this route. With some advance planning, it is possible to purchase a return ticket for under 25K.
September
matrix.itasoftware.com/view/cale … 19a0b1be4c
November
matrix.itasoftware.com/view/cale … 19a0b1be4c

Only Joking Fumarole… I had a bad flight, with a missed connection once,which put me off.

“Matrix” is an interesting system (matrix.itasoftware.com/)…

…evidently it’s designed to be in direct competition with Skyscanner (also excellent).

I can see they have some relative strengths and weakness. Try both.

EVA are doing specials to Europe at the moment.

Finley…sadly not from Taiwan soon ?..due to my GF deciding last minute to join my Holiday …then wanting to do the “Paris” thing, we could only get Business Class tickets for this Thursday TPE to Paris. Don’t ask about the cost :frowning:
Ironically, I have a Gold Card and loads of Miles with China Airlines, which would have meant a free upgrade and a sub 50k flight possibly but no Paris route. I chose China because previously, I collected miles with Star Alliance and nobody flying out of Taiwan was a member, unless you stopped at BKK etc.Eva just joined,
I feel like Victor Meldrew when I fly economy long haul :cry: If I manage to do it …I am so happy at all that money saved. I used to think it was stupid to spend so much extra on Business Class a few years ago. Now it’s a case of fighting the emotions and trying to be sensible and book Economy,where possible. I fail most times :unamused:
I have been poor and I have been rich. I like rich much more :wink: I will soon be poorer than a Church Mouse if I keep booking Business Flights.

Hello tommy525, fumarole, shiadoa , chung, MyNameisWAR, finley,

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to reply, and for your suggestions.  After much searching of airline prices, routes, travel times, connections, etc., we have finally decided to go with a direct EVA flight.  The price was more than I had hoped, but less than I thought it would be.
 Shiadoa, I hope the enjoyment of your time in Europe outweighs the financial agony of business class - at least the flight should be more bearable!  And if you return before September 12, I'd appreciate any input you can give me of what Paris weather might be like. I want to travel light and don't want to take a coat unless it's absolutely necessary.  Thanks, and bon voyage!

Obasan, did you book your flight through the airline website, a travel agent or an online travel company?

Travel agent - I’ll pm you.

[quote=“Obasan”]Hello tommy525, fumarole, shiadoa , chung, MyNameisWAR, finley,

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to reply, and for your suggestions.  After much searching of airline prices, routes, travel times, connections, etc., we have finally decided to go with a direct EVA flight.  The price was more than I had hoped, but less than I thought it would be.
 Shiadoa, I hope the enjoyment of your time in Europe outweighs the financial agony of business class - at least the flight should be more bearable!  And if you return before September 12, I'd appreciate any input you can give me of what Paris weather might be like. I want to travel light and don't want to take a coat unless it's absolutely necessary.  Thanks, and bon voyage![/quote]

No problem… I am back in Paris from 7th September and returning TPE on 12th. Will let you know, if I survive that long :popcorn: Hoping the Typhoon does not delay my Flight tomorrow :ponder:

Shiadoa, hope the storm is gone before your flight!
Did you receive a private message from me? I see that it doesn’t appear in the “sent” box, only the “outbox”. Am I doing something wrong?

[quote=“Obasan”]Shiadoa, hope the storm is gone before your flight!
Did you receive a private message from me? I see that it doesn’t appear in the “sent” box, only the “outbox”. Am I doing something wrong?[/quote]
No message, try again

Strange - I clicked on “pm” under your name, wrote a message, and clicked “send”. It just goes to the outbox. Are private messages disabled on this forum?

It may be that I have reached the Maximum allowed. Didn’t realize I have 125 messages!. I have changed the default so that deletes older messages now. Try once more.