Fruit tip: Pineapple is great!

Some day I’m gonna make (or make someone make) desserts/drinks out of pineapple recipes here. They all look great! Thanks! :bravo:

[quote=“saddletramp”][quote=“Elegua”]Try this - get a bottle of any vodka, two cut pineapple and a glass jar. Stuff the jar with pineapple and then pour the vodka over and let sit in the fridge for a week. Serve straight over ice in a lowball. Use a pineapple garnish if you want it to look pretty.

Jus dun et de frut :no-no:[/quote]

Eating the fruit is the best part.

Down on the farm, we used to make a concoction like that, with fruits and Pure Grain Alcohol.
Good old Mountain Dew. Drink the punch, eat the fruit, hangover for 3 days!!

Glory Days[/quote]

Yes. why wouldn’t you eat the fruit? It has all of the alcohol in it. We used to do this in college. All kinds of different fruit juices and/or kool-aid depending on who was throwing the party and a lot of different melon mixed in. Of course this was low budget college kids making 33 gallon (garbage can, a NEW garbage can) batch sizes. Another thing you can do is to get a watermelon. cut a small hole in it and pour in rum. patch the hole with duct tape and let it sit for a few days (rotating a few times). Tasty.

Back on topic - watermelon is in season now I think. Delicious even if it is this strange yellow color…

I ate some yellow watermelon yesterday :lick: