Funniest thing your kids have said or done

I thought I’d start this thread because I love to hear sweet things about sweet little things!

And I’ll go first and tell you all that my 2&1/2 year old still nurses before bed time and has asked me twice now for “Chocket Neinei.” He wants Chocolate breast milk! The first time he asked me for that, I was on the phone with my mother in TX and she cracked up!

Hmm, this is a tough one because almost everything they say cracks me up when they’re this age.

My first one was never allowed to use pencils until he was in kindergarten (he only used Crayola washable markers before then, for safety and clean up issues, and we always took the pencils out of his birthday favor bags). The first time he saw his dad draw a picture in pencil and then erase part of it with the eraser on the end, he said, “Wow! It’s magic!”

My second one, when he was nearly 3, heard me mutter “oh, f*ck” (barely a whisper, I thought) :blush: :astonished: He scrunched up his face and eyebrows with this puzzled look and said, “WHAT did you say?! No, you didn’t say ‘frog’! You said a bad word! Don’t say that word again!”

1 Like

Maybe not the funniest thing she’s said or done, but a memorable one for us: one of the first words for our girl was “mien, mien” (noodles), because she loves them. So one day we’re in a hardware-type store and she sees a mop standing there for sale, points at it and says “mien, mien,” because of course the strings on the mop look like noodles. :slight_smile:

1 Like

the chieflette calls The City by the Bay “San Franchisco”

Two new ones my little man. We had been playing pretend ball, playing with an immaginary ball one day. The next day when I wanted to do some reading, I threw this “ball” and told him to go find it. He hunted around a while and “found” it and threw it back. We did this for a while until he got tired of it, found a real ball, and threw it at my head! He’s too smart!

And yesterday we were out to dinner, must my little man and myself, when he started kissing me–A LOT! At first I was touched by this beautiful display of love for me, but then I noticed he was kissing me and looking to the side. I looked back to see a man watching us. Apparently, Mo had seen this man looking at me and was marking me as HIS! Sheesh! He’s only 2.5 years old! But I do love it!

1 Like

I was in B&Q last week looking for paint with my son. I had no idea which to get, so I asked for help. The guy brought me to the counter guy, who spoke English, asked me a few questions and sent the other guy to help me find it.

Trying to teach my boy a lesson in life about not being afraid to ask for help, I said, “You see, what do you do when you need help?”

He said, “You find someone who can speak English!”

2 Likes

My son yesterday as we were driving Baba to his office; “Baba is busyman (businessman) he go office make money give mommy!”

When I cracked up at this very observant statement he said “Ohhhhh me makes laughs for mommy!”

1 Like

or aa mm oo ar mm ar oh

They are only 7 months old.

My daughter says funny things too, but you’ve soughta gotta be there.

My firstgrader: Mommy, what does “bullshit” mean?

Me: Where did you hear that word?

Him: From Teacher ___. I asked him what “f*ck you” means and he said he didn’t know but he thinks it means the same as “bullshit”.

:astonished:

1 Like

Must be pretty exciting at your house! :astonished:

I was in the kitchen the other day when I heard my 5-year-old son say, “I love you.”
I turned and said in the direction of the doorway, “I love you, too.”
My son then came into the kitchen and said matter-of-factly, “I was talking to Mummy.”

1 Like

My 3-year-old girl (who’s been sick lately) gave me a serious look and said, “Daddy, I have to go to the doctor again.”

Me: “Why? What’s the matter?”

Her: “I’m all out of stickers.”

Abuse of the health care system starts early.

1 Like

I had to go to the dentist this week. I’m a much bigger baby than my two and a half year old son when it comes to this. I had him with me and he was sitting there watching me saying, “jia yo, mommy, Jia yo!” Everytime he said that, the dentist and his assistants cracked up! He’s such a sweet heart.

1 Like

You know those pesky aluminum or plastic lids on the juice you get on the plane? Those that are almost impossible to open without spilling?

When our oldest was about two years old, he just poked a straw straight through it, and drank. Even the air-stewardesses was impressed about his creativity…

He was probably tired of waiting for the old folks to do it the ols way; veary carefully remmoving the lid…

Funny stuff, people!

From now on this is the only forum I’ll be visiting at Forumosa. So many of the others are full of negativity. What a downer.

My 2 yo girl loves purses and bags and has discovered the joy of lipstick (mine and her a-yi’s). She also loves sunglasses. So when she goes to Watson’s she always manages to find the sunglasses and lipstick displays and says, “Buy sunglasses for me, okay?” “Buy lipstick for me, okay?”

Today, after the 4 yo had been campaigning for over a week fo “high heels” (her 5 yo friend has a pair), and the 2 yo had been asking, “What about me?” I managed to find them each NT100/pair little girl slippers with 1 inch heels for dressup. The big one asked, “Why are they so short?”

:help:

My son (14 months) loves to eat. Today he was “reading” some alphabet books which have some photos of food in them. He put his fingers on the sandwich, and pretended to eat it a few times. He looked at it very closely. He picked up the whole book… and CHOMP! took a big bite out of the entire 10 pages of the book!

“Where are you going daddy?”
“I’m going to take a bath and brush my teeth.”
I go in the bathroom, close the door, she’s still talking from outside.
“You can use my toothbrush. It’s so cool.”
“Okay. Thank you.”

“What month is it when we all sing We Wish You a Merry Christmas?”
“December.”
“How do you know? Did you go to my school?”
“No.”
“Do you have big ears, so you can hear my teacher?”

1 Like

“I can’t hear your teacher but yes, I have big ears. I gave them to you. When you get a bit older, other children will mock you for them and you’ll end up with a lifelong identity complex. Now bugger off downstairs. I’m trying to take a shit here.”

I’d make a great dad.

We went home to South Africa over Chinese New year, and were telling our then three year old, who is named Hannah, where we were going, so we said that we were going to Johannesburg to see her grandfather. She turned round to us and said : Grandpa lives in MY burg? (It took a few seconds for te penny to drop - she thought we were saying " jo Hannah’s burg "