Funny *#$@ in textbooks?

Am I the only creep who notices all these flubs? I spot something like this once or twice per month…

6 Likes

There’s no shortage of these, but that’s no flub!

It’s a kids book. What kind of sick pervert are you?

Also, just wait for Taiwan’s famous golden shower festival. You’ll be right at home. :rofl:

I think the repetition triggers me more.

2 Likes

so what you’re saying is, repetition sets you off? causes an explosive discharge?

1 Like

That page. It’s literally the same sentences over and over minus a few words.

It’s a great way to teach children sentence structures, and also hide your intentions towards your teaching assistant…

4 Likes

By boring them to sleep? I don’t remember my books as a wee lad being THIS repetitive.

I don’t remember learning to read, but I have definitely taught sentence structures before.

At least none of the fairies are giving the baby a Cleveland steamer…

4 Likes

Perhaps, but there’s literally no filler in between these sentences, while it’s plausible these fairies are trying to allegedly offer this baby things, could they not have tied these together a little bit? It’s very sloppy.

No wonder why people have such a hard time learning English, they treat it like Chinese.

I’d suggest you write reviews for children’s books, but it seems your reading level might be a bit too advanced to enjoy them!

2 Likes

I bloody should! Then I’d rewrite it to make it understandable AND not an absolute chore to read.

And I’ll be sure to put as many innuendos as possible for @tt’s enjoyment.

Kinda like what they do for children’s shows and movies.

2 Likes

Please draw another girl baby while you’re at it. That one looks creepy

I can write, but I can assure you my art will be much worse.

coincidentally i’m reading a book with fairy godmothers right now. it is full of such innuendos as the classic songs “the hedgehog never gets buggered” and “the wizard’s staff has a knob on the end

4 Likes

No idea what a flub is, but here is an unexpected sample sentence in a Taiwanese textbook for learning German. It says “Who dares to go to the nudist beach at the lake with Tina?”

From the “Strange German stuff in Taiwan” Facebook group:

3 Likes

Having seen naked middle-aged Germans before, this is a legitimate question.

5 Likes

I saw one that said ‘i went to Australia on holiday. Someone on the street said “go die”. I was so surprised’

(apparently g’day and go die sound the same :joy:)

3 Likes

Interestingly, one common way in German to say “bye” is “Tschüß”. Which doesn’t sound too unlike the mandarin 去死 (Qù sǐ = go die).

Oh, and:

9 Likes