Funny Political Pictures

you’re closer to Odin than she is to the cheeroke!

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

I don’t think she ever claimed she was Indian…

There is no dispute that Warren formally notified officials at the University of Pennsylvania and then Harvard claiming Native American heritage after she was hired.
was once touted by embattled Harvard Law School officials who cited her claim as proof of their faculty’s diversity,"
“As a kid, I never asked my mom about documentation when she talked about our Native American heritage,” Warren said in a 2012 campaign ad. “What kid would? But I knew my father’s family didn’t like that she was part Cherokee and part Delaware. So my parents had to elope.”

She did confirm, however, that she had told the law school association that she held a minority status.

"I listed myself (in the) directory in the hopes that might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something, with people who are like I am,

"At some point after I was hired by them, I also provided that information to the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard,’’ she said in a statement issued by her campaign. "My Native American heritage is part of who I am, I’m proud of it, and I have been open about it.’’

1 Like

None of that post tells me where she claimed to be Indian at all. I know she made claims about having Native American ancestry, but I’ve never heard anything about her claiming to be Indian, so I don’t understand why that photo would even talk about Indian blood. India’s quite a multicultural state too. Is it Punjab? Bengali? Tamil? Like…the photo just makes stuff up.

Not sure if this is attempt at humor. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It is not an attempt at humour.

Most American Indians prefer the term American Indian.

The photo was highlighting exactly what you state. That she claimed Native American (understood by all reasonable people to mean “Indian” as in Cherokee) or are you now saying that she may have implied that she meant Punjab Indian? ) It implied that there was a minute of Native American blood present . I posted statements from Warren etc, .claiming what you say she did not claim…Not sure what you need ? Why don’t you study the claims and obtain more information , so you can make your mind up for yourself?
Maybe you can enlighten us with another explanation?

I dunno about you, but Indian to me means somebody from India. I thought that was a pretty logical conclusion.

Where are you from?

YYY’s place I’m thinking so far

Italy and Canada.

That explains everything. :smile:

In America, American Indians are often referred to as just “Indians.” Most American Indians don’t like the term “Native Americans.” I hope that clears up your confusion.