Funny signs

There’s a law firm in Taiwan called Deep & Far. (I just saw a fax from them.)

And I thought that was the answer to “How far into the ocean should you throw a lawyer?”

A store in Yonghe called King Come Eyeglasses.

I’ve posted this before, but Taipei has

*Shaw’s Institute of Translateology
*Hunt God (is that a command, Prof. Nietzsche?)
*Crony Trading Company (Diogenes! We found one!)

…and a store near Da-An which appeals to passers-by with the catch-phrase, “Let us be your PRIME MATE !”

Not in Taiwan, but this is a real estate agents, I’ve seen it: doolittle-dalley.co.uk/

Some high-class folks down in Kaohsiung had to come up with a name for their new housing complex; What better name than:
The Superiority Complex

Oh yah, and one of the furniture stores had a big sign on it that said “Beds For Lust.” (A bad translation from German, I suspect.)

The National Lampoon used to have a section in the back of the magazine of funny signs. If you sent in a picture and they used it they would give you a t-shirt. Big deal huh? So I saw a building in Bellevue, Nebraska that was the gas company and the sign was ‘Peoples Natural Gas’. I took a picture but I never sent it in. But later I noticed somebody else sent one in and got a t-shirt.

Here’s a stupid funny dentists logo:

Seen across the street from Jingan MRT station.

A sign I think you can’t refuse:

1 Like

There used to be an “Easecox” near my apartment.

How about ‘Wanko’ clothes stores.

Mentioned on page one

[quote=“StuartCa”]Theres a shop called Turd baby in Danshui

Also Wanko makes me smile every time i see it. :slight_smile:[/quote]

There’s a new housing development called “TiT”. It stands for “A Man ‘Town in Town’” or something like that.

There’s a beauty shop in Shulin called “Welly”. If you’ve ever been down and out in Canada you would understand… Maybe other places have “welfare” as well, I don’t know.

finally took a pic of this place near my in-laws’ house in Taoyuan.

it’s a ‘music bar’, which only seems to open between 10pm and 4am.

1 Like

I took a long walk around Banqiao last night and I saw a bar called TV Pub. And a guy came out and said hello to me. But I wasn’t sure if the place was ‘television’ themed or not, so I didn’t go in.

And by the Global Mall there is an in vitro fertilization clinic, that has a sign in English that says ‘Art Baby’. The name of the shop is in English and it is misspelled. It’s in all caps and it’s something like INVITRO FERTLIZ ATION.

I didn’t take pictures, but I should have.

Hmmm. . . :ponder:

2 Likes

2 Likes

IMG20190505174132

2 Likes