Future MRT Line and Station Map?

The old investing adage: buy on the rumor, sell on the news!

1 Like

Bingo. ThatĀ“s where I live.

Seriously thinking I should move. Like, Bitan or Zhongzhang community.

I agree.
I know some SME business owners who own up to ten apartments in Sanxia who bought 15 years ago, deposits and cheap bank loans. Taiwan has been good to that age group.

Wait what about the Nanshijiao line? Only the people who live between Jingan and Dapinglin will transfer at Dapinglin.

1 Like

This is a good point. And if weā€™re going to follow through, Banqiao and the Blue line too would be under some extra pressure.

Guy

There are a lot of apartments going up in Xizhi. Many around the City Hall area. This has gone on for years. The cynic in me tells me that these people know something about the planned Xizhi-Minzu line that most of us peasants donā€™t.

That is a lot of people. Those communities are huge.

The thing is that the news lines bring more people to the system. They may take them of the streets, but they are funneled eventually into the already overwhelmed blue and red lines.

What I want to see is the crowd walking 300 meters to Costco AND hauling 3 packs of toilet paper on the MRT.

When will that line start operations?

Sometime before elections!

Duno, actually, I used to swear by the ad they had next to the MRT entrance, now, who knows?

69 posts were split to a new topic: Real estate and investment chat

Honesly the rush hours and connection are kindergarten level on the MRT in relation to pretty much everywhere else.

1 Like

It could definitely be a lot worse. I guess we are just spoiled.

Even with the Xizhi-Minzu line built, wonā€™t most of those apts still be fastest to central Taipei via TRA? TRA doesnā€™t stop so itā€™s like an express option.

They did announce a few years ago that the Xizhi-Minzu line would be built. But who knows if it really will.

Idk, people complain about MRT lines being overcrowded, but I moved to Hong Kong and I miss the Taipei MRT so much. One problem in HK is the lines are so damn far underground it takes forever just to get to the platform and back up again. Also the trains are kinda depressing, thereā€™s just something really ā€œniceā€ about using the Taipei MRT - the music, the lighting, etc etc. I think itā€™s world class.

7 Likes

And compared to Hong Kong, Taipei MRT stations have restrooms in every station. The Hong Kong MTR stations have none.

1 Like

You should try Paris. Now THAT is what I call depressing - filthy as shit, smells like pee everywhere, no AC (in most trains), full of pickpockets, homelessness and beggars (including tons of children), grey, takes forever to change lines, no elevator, no toilet, NO ESCALATOR, and some stations/lines are so dangerous that the locals would tell you to avoid them etc. etc. etc.

And the London tube manages to out-depress this Parisian mess by charging everyone a fucking fortune. SMH.

Never been to New York though, and from what Iā€™ve heard itā€™s even more disgusting than Paris. Ew.

1 Like

To be fair you donā€™t really need AC in most parts of Europe. I been to Berlin and there are no AC anywhere. But except for a few miserable days in the middle of August itā€™s never more than 30 during the day. At night itā€™s actually cold enough to need heating, and almost all trains have heating and the doors are like the Danhai LRT, you have to push a button to open the door.

1 Like

Last year it was like 38 in Germany and the Netherlands in July/August and the heatwave lasted for like 3 weeks.
#climatechange

In a crowded train, AC is always needed. Taking the metro in Paris when itā€™s busy in summer is truly unpleasant.

New York can be pretty shitty. Yes, it runs 24hour a day, but delays suck the life out of you. Not to mention all the assholes who are on it as well. Iā€™ll never forget the time I happily jumped into a nearly empty subway car during rush thinking Iā€™d get a seat for my 40 minute ride home. As soon as the doors closed I quickly came to realize that something was wrong. Why would a subway car be nearly empty at rush hour? Then it hit me. The smell. I looked around and there I saw pile of shit the sizeā€¦well, how a human being could possibly have that much shit inside them was mind numbing. After shitting all of that shit out, the person took some newspaper and had wiped their behind and left it all on the floor. Theyā€™d also wiped their hands on the walls and some seats. It was like a crime scene. I then remember looking over into the next subway car and people were standing there laughing at me. Taipeiā€™s subway is heavenly.

2 Likes

Hahaha ā€¦Never saw that on Seinfeld.

2 Likes